some suggestions for the Academy site

Hey guys, here's some ideas I brought up in the academy post. I'll just summarize them here:

http://whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=10297&pid=130112&st=0entry130112

- Creating a history chart for armor (Paul mentioned someone might be doing this)

- Family tree of armor makers (a more visual way of seeing where iterations of armor came from, including 100% fan sculpts)

- Introductory article on how to select armor. I wrote a brief one once, I can dig it up and expand on it. Not that I'm an expert or experienced as more senior troopers, but I think selecting armor for it's intended use will help people make decisions. I can volunteer to update this if you wish.

- Blaster tutorials. I know there's lots on the BBC, but it would be good to have some of our own too. I'm building my own PVC pipe kit E11 and T21 blaster as we speak. I can document it and make tutorials and templates.

- I think I saw a heading for an article already on the academy site. I'm installing fans and a wireless headset into my lid right now too, I can document it and make a tutorial or something as most people have posted pictures of various setups, but it might be good to have a rough guide of how to fit things in a lid.

- I'd like to do an article on harness / suspender setups. I've done several of them now. I know there's posts that document various setups, but again if there's a "walk through" version, I think it would help the noobs.

- Another idea I had was an article on padding. It's usually the last "small comfort" thing that people think of, but I think it might be good to point out common areas for padding to avoid "armor bites", etc..

That's all I have for now! :)

These are great Terry - we're certainly open to members contributing items from the floor. I ask that all tutorials be posted as HOWTO's so we can reference more than one if needed. Two people have volunteered to do blaster & vox setup, but the more the merrier. :)