Transitional TK between ESB and ROTJ?

n671305666_1269352_80331.jpg

http://worldfamousdesignjunkies.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/n671305666_1269352_80331.jpg

Hm, it's not the first time I saw this pic but I never spotted the ROTJ type flipped ab button plate on him.

It's clearly a ESB helmet and armor (no white trim in sight) but I don't recall any flipped ab button plates in the movie...

Is this the suit that all ROTJ suits where cast from maybe? I never understood why the ab detail was changed anyways, but this could make sense maybe.

Any thoughts or insights on this?

Edited by ObiHahn

I think its a tossed together costume for the shoot. Look at the condition. Its trashed. The straps broken, gaffers tape on the bell holding it on...

It may be that the ab detail just fell off and was reglued. Stretch, as I was not there... but possible.

The ROTJ suits were already in the making probably before this photo was taken so I doubt this is 'The one'.

As already stated, the plate most likely fell off and was just attached upside down.

Thanks for your assessments, the overall trashed condition of the suit in the pic fits the "wrongly fixed plate for quick photo op" verdict, so that's a likely explanation. But since the pic isn't dated in any way, maybe this was the first suit made up for TESB just after ANH (would explain the state the costume is in)... but yeah, this is just a guessing game. ;)

So, has the fact that the ab detail was flipped for ROTJ explained otherwise then? Does anyone have any input?

With all the reference in the Archives it seems unlikely they just f'd up their continuity in the costume department...

Continuity? Ever watched ANH? :P

The ab plates were heavily modified for the new ESB2 suits (which are essentially ROTJ) so it's my guess that they just stuck the button plate back onto the moulds when casting it, not realising (or caring) if it was the same as before.