Help please: sandtrooper ammo pouch dimensions?

This will be more of an experiment, but could anyone please measure their Stolla Wein MP 40 pouches - or in a perfect world, what they think the dimensions of the screen used pouches were? I know a few people have made their own replicas, so any measurements would help.

I'm looking specifically for the length of the pouch (from bottom to inner lip) and the width of the pouches, depth wouldn't hurt either. The rest I can figure out with reference images.

I might try and take a stab at making one for myself, just to see if I can do it.

Thanks for your help!

*BTW: yes, I have already posted this on MEPD. No replies yet. :)

Mine aren't "the best, most accurate money can buy" but IMO they're definitely good enough to be acceptable as a 501st sandtrooper, and I plan on using them for my HWT EIB submittal:

length of rectangular backing: 23cm

width of rectagular backing: 14cm

length of pouch (1 of 3): 19.5cm

width of pouch: (1 of 3): 4.5cm

depth of pouch: (1 of 3): 3cm

You can see photos of them here: -------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Hey Panda,

This is the info I got from a friend who collects military stuff... I did not personally measure the pouch, these are the dimensions he gave me, so don't hold my feet to the fire...Hope it helps :duim:

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

• 6 months later...

ya i made a tutorial and templates here

i even had the experts over at mped check it for accuracy ;) mine was a tad bit smaller but i needed it slightly different for my build

• 6 months later...

I posted this over MEPD too ------------ just scroll down the page you will find it.

This is the New Page for it I made the 3 pocket one and the MP40 3 with Tool pouchyou will find a how to on this page

post-2958-0-69289500-1301712331_thumb.jpg

post-2958-0-03833200-1301712351_thumb.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed