Well, Since I don’t watch these boards I had no IDEA we were back to this, but lets cover Kevin’s post one point at a time...
** I signed and agreement with KB stating I would not speak of his business or his business practices and so did he. However his post now voids that agreement so allow me to retort**
1. Kevin moved into the shop under the agreement that he might not be able to pay rent the first few months but would make it up. So I agreed to float him till he was a little more liquid. This never happened. Not because KB couldn’t. But because KB simply wouldn’t. He moved in the first week of December. In the time KB was in my shop he paid rent ONE time. Jsin NEVER paid me rent. In fact every time Jsin shipped something for the shop, I re-embursed him, insisting that it needed to be tracked so that costs could be kept straight. And in Mid January took out an 18K loan from Paypal... with which he bought a couple 3D printers and a VERY expensive Gibson Guitar. (We will come back to this)
2. He is correct. I notified Dana of Anovos we had stuff that Shaun Colquhon had stolen. HOWEVER what KB is *STILL* refusing to acknowledge is that he snuck stuff out of the boxes I was taking to return to recast the parts for himself. To my knowledge the only thing he modified without recasting is the Sholder bells that he straight out traced onto his wood bucks. The knee Caps he currently ships and the Cod Piece I know for certain are recast from the kits because I confronted him about them. That brings us to his “Special new cast TD”. KB Kept one of the Anovos TD’s and their TD Plate. I found this out when he used 1/2 of one of my DragonSkin30 5 Gallon kits to make a mold of it. Many of you still have it. And in fact KB is still shipping the TD Plate because I have seen it in the posts of kits going out as recently as last week. I kept the mold of the TD he did in DragonSkin and I destroyed it. Because I do not support re-casting. When I found this out KB was still in the shop and I made very clear I was not ok with this. KB ignored me. This is why Jsin did all the pulling of Armor, and I did Casting. And I never once rolled or pulled a recast part. I will not do it. FURTHER MORE: KB’s Patrol helmet is a re-cast Black Series helmet. He sold them for 250 each. Over and over again showing he has no problem re-casting.
3. The Discovery job... AGAIN... I took a job from Discovery. I am a working Professional Prop and Costume maker. Discovery Approached ME. I told KB what I thought would work best and KB went so far as to pull bucks from HIS HOUSE out for me to use. HE was offered 1000.00 for the use of his bucks. He would provide no labor, materials or time to it. HE AGREED. The number of suits is immaterial. I told him I would need to use them for a week. And he was so amicable to this he offered several suggestions as to how I would mix and match parts.
4. In the course of “Helping” KB I purchased plastic for him 3 times, I shipped kits twice and I purchased molding and casting materials twice. As he has shown over and over KB does not understand the efficient running of a business. Shipping cac cost upwards of 500.00 to send 5-8 kits depending on where they are going. And Casting materials were a 1000.00 trip every time I went to Reynolds in LA. Trips for plastic from Polymershapes were between 800 and 1000.00 a trip as well.
5. Jsin was offered 25.00 an hour for his work. But he needed to keep track of hours and I wanted him to do 2 10 hour days. He came in for an hour and a half the first day, 2 hours the second and an hour and a half the last. HE was offered cash for it and he insisted that I keep it to help cover KB’s groaning tab.
6. Speaking of his “Growning tab” KB offered infront of several members of the “team” to give me a 3D printer in exchange for some of his debt. I agreed I would take off 2500.00 of the cost as it was a broken and used printer he bought from the company at CES.
7. Let’s cover the “”Flame Trooper” parts kB wants you to believe I “Stole”. KB left in such a huff he left 4 boxes of soft pulled parts in my shop. There is a wide variety of trooper parts and pieces in there. And in order to re-coup costs for my mistake of lending him a dime I will use the abandoned parts in anyway I feel like.
8. As for the split of kits at the end, it was to be 1/3, 1/3, 1/3. KB insisted that after everyone laid out thousands in money for him and were CONTINUEING To lay out money, he be the only person to *GET* money because he couldn’t manage his personal money. When I told him I would not be involved with someone who would not repay his debts, he began trying to covince everyone that this was all me.
I grow tired of having to repeat this stuff. At this point KB still cant supply everyone their kits and we’ve sailed right past his promised deadline. And we’ve sailed past it because KB only works till noon everyday and has no money to ship anyone’s kits or buy the resin he needs to cast helmets and greebs. I don’t have to keep telling everyone what a shucks business man he is it keeps getting proven over and over. Anyone who wants to see the screenshots of the coversations I have posted before again, I will happily send them to anyone now that I am no longer held to the agreement I signed with KB (Which can be seen on the Sandbox page as a pinned post)
And just for the record, Ive said this before but let me end with this.
When KB approached me in March to help him he was not communicating with customers at all. He assured me it was only 7-10 kits he was behind and that 3K would fix that. It wasn’t until *I* started talking to the customers that I found out it was 45+ kits and I FIRMLY believe that, had I not made that number public, KB would still be running his Ponzi Scheme now. For anyone who does not believe me....
45 kits at an average of 800.00 a piece is 36K
45 kits worth of plastic is 9K (200.00 x 45)
He could have ordered Fresh Plastic 3 Times and still have money left over... and tell me, what company do you know that makes you keep defective plastic? Ive been doing Costumes and Props for a decade and there is no company around that will not take back plastic if you can prove its their failing not your own.
KB is lying to you. And has been, as far as I can prove, since I foolishly invited him into my shop. More than likely much longer than that.