Jump to content

Elumusic

501st Stormtrooper[TK]
  • Content Count

    315
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About Elumusic

  • Rank
    Major
  • Birthday 12/10/1965

Contact Methods

  • Yahoo
    elu_1998@yahoo.com

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    Albuquerque, NM
  • Interests
    Composing music, my band Elu, Costume building, Art, Graphics, Building things. It's a good thing I don't have alot of money because I'd be all over the place.

Standard Info

  • Name
    Jeffrey Mettling
  • 501st ID
    15279
  • 501st Unit
    Dewback Ridge

Recent Profile Visitors

480 profile views
  1. I wish I could. I had a computer crash and my files are lost. And I can’t find whom I shared them with last. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. Ill see if i can find some time to compile all of them and get them posted. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  3. I pull HIPS for all my helmets. There is nothing wrong with HIPS. It's durable and my entire set of armor is HIPS. Over two years old now and no cracks. I've sold 20 helmets to members made of the stuff. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. The labor involved in this process is so time consuming. You no doubt will get a sense of pride when you complete it, but in actuality it's easier to buy a kit and do the work and it ends up costing the same with much less work. I built my helmet from a customized pepikura model, spent two years making it almost movie accurate, made molds out of it and pulled my own. Cost me $1500. ugh.
  5. So I'm going back to revisit this helmet one more time. I have two more tweaks I want to make. Here is the latest helmet build. The shape of the top of the helmet from the back and form the front is a little more squared off than the movie helmet. It's been bugging me for some time now so I am going to round that portion out and I am going to drop the tear traps a little more. A little larger in the bottom curve. In my opinion this will bring this helmet up to par with the movie version. It's not going to have the washed out traps or the a-symmetry of the movie helmets, but a crisp and clean version. This will be my final revision to this helmet mold. My only question is can I get to Centurion with symmetry?
  6. I am in process of building a Super Trooper helmet and then on to the rest of the armor. Die hard fans would probably know but for those who aren't aware, basically this is what Boba Fett was supposed to be in the original concept. So I'm not quite sure where to post my build. Here or at thedentedhelmet.com. Thoughts?
  7. I made a mold for it. Let me look to see if I have an extra one laying around. I may or may not.
  8. Final version. Considering it's a 3D print, it's fairly sturdy. I've added some weathering and it definitely helps and adds depth to the model.
  9. So after a main board replacement and some more troubleshooting it turns out that the printer had a bad wire in the chain that had worn through. The hot end would stop heating every time the printer axis pulled the chain far enough to separate the wire. So....now to make up some time. I've skipped ahead. The sight rail was redesigned to be solid. There is no way a flimsy plastic piece is going to hold up the site. So now I have redesigned it. It mounted well. I also created a trigger shroud that was missing from the model. The only issue I have right now is the rear tube where the spring resides. It's a little thinner than I would like, and if I had to go back I would make it a thicker piece. The solid rail I created adds some strength to it but that's my only issue so far. Two more parts to print and I'm done. It still needs some paint of course. This is just black ABS. So after some flat black paint and a little silver streaking to make it look like worn metal we will be in business.
  10. Printer went down yesterday. I need to check the mother board, the hot tip heater stopped working. I have a spare heater core and thermistor, but it's still got an issue. I can only imagine it's the board. One more thing to try before putting in a new board. The cool thing about printers is that the parts are cheap. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  11. New progress. There are some issues with the model. The Counter module group has major issues. The blaster core front component, not the counter module is not a contiguous piece. As it makes it's way to the letters at the logo the model splits somewhere even though it doesnt show up in the preview. I am going to modify this component and make it work. As far as assembly I have the barrel completed. It still needs some clean up and paint, however what I do have is solid.
×
×
  • Create New...