Frown screen question

You may get slightly more flow without mesh, (very minor, I didn't notice a difference as mine is removable) but that balaclava is going to reduce the airflow even more compared to mesh / no balaclava because its covering your mouth or mouth and nose.

Personally, I find that wearing balaclavas inside helmets and costumes is more uncomfortable than without. I find there's more fogging which could be an issue with lenses.

You may get slightly more flow without mesh, (very minor, I didn't notice a difference as mine is removable) but that balaclava is going to reduce the airflow even more compared to mesh / no balaclava because its covering your mouth or mouth and nose.

Personally, I find that wearing balaclavas inside helmets and costumes is more uncomfortable than without. I find there's more fogging which could be an issue with lenses.

well reason for why i do wear a balaclava is cause of my long hair and I have a mesh on my helmet. I have it covering my mouth and nose due to keeping my mic in place (cause I dont want to attach it to the helmet) lol and I do have a powerful squarrl fan so fogging up was never a problem

just likely want to know if it is an option or not to not have it on when wearing a balaclava

If you're comfortable wearing a balaclava, then I say rock the lid with no mesh. Looks like the movies and keeps the illusion up. I personally just think it looks odd if you look into the teeth holes and see "white" inside the helmet at certain angles, but if you're wearing a balaclava it should work. Plus I don't think there's any 501st CRL or EIB requirements regarding mesh.

yeah i have an MR CE helmet and the balaclava pretty much takes the whole frown are (mouth area of mine) and since my mic is under it nothing shows but black cloth really

and yes I am comfortable with it...since my ninja cosplay days

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

With no CRL or EIB requirements regarding the use of screen mesh its definitely an issue of preference. On the one hand, I think that the mesh looks sharper and is likely more comfortable than wearing a balaclava. On the other hand, not using the screen mesh is more screen accurate though you run the risk of folks peeking inside your lid as you troop. Unless you do wear a balaclava and give them nothing to see but black cloth.

For those going EIB I'm compelled to think that the screen mesh ought to be left off simply for the sake of screen accuracy. That being said, I'd prefer to use screen mesh on my helmet but with my suit as screen accurate as is it I think that I'll leave it off. And yes, I do have a black Under Armor balaclava.

With no CRL or EIB requirements regarding the use of screen mesh its definitely an issue of preference. On the one hand, I think that the mesh looks sharper and is likely more comfortable than wearing a balaclava. On the other hand, not using the screen mesh is more screen accurate though you run the risk of folks peeking inside your lid as you troop. Unless you do wear a balaclava and give them nothing to see but black cloth.

Just goes to show you that what might be most screen accurate, isn't always the greatest to troop in.