Hovi Mics

Guys

I am awaiting the delivery of a very well known comms set for my soon to be delivered new armour lid, my question is what are hovi mics, if i have been obvious enough most of you will know what comms kit i have coming, i suppose i need to know will i need mics with this kit, or does it have them already ? and if so do i get hovi mics, or a barking up the wrong Bantha altogether.

Cheers

Paul

????

Not sure if i understand, i will answer what i think ur asking.

the comm system is actually the speakers that are all hookd up so u just plug them in.

Hovi mics are the actual black cylindrical thingys with mesh ( that are said to be the caps that were on a old taperecoder that had a mic conected like a dictaphone)

the only comm systems that i know that come with every thing include ( speaker, wires, jacks hovis) are stompers.

so if u didnt get stompers that most likly means that u will need to get a pair of Hovis ( stompers,kieths,evos ) etc etc

Did i answer the question ??? lol

• 1 month later...

Hovi Mix PA2 is the name of the microphone your aerators are cast from... they basically a resin cast from the same type of microphone heads used in the movie. Depending on who you bought them from they may not come with speakers or a microphone at all... Hovi mix mic tips are just your aerators (the black nubs that go on the bottom of your helmet), not a working microphone.

:D

Paul

You will find many of the UKG guys use a Nokia car speaker attached to their belt or better still under the chest plate.... The sound will be louder than mics placed inside hovis..... However, I prefer to have my Mics in my Hovis as it just adds to the realism of sound coming from the trooper's lid as opposed to the speaker on the belt.... 6 of one half a dozen of the other..... :)

BTW, PM if you want a set of Hovi speakers as I have a spare set going dirt cheap... :)

Sp Rhino said:
Guys

I am awaiting the delivery of a very well known comms set for my soon to be delivered new armour lid, my question is what are hovi mics, if i have been obvious enough most of you will know what comms kit i have coming, i suppose i need to know will i need mics with this kit, or does it have them already ? and if so do i get hovi mics, or a barking up the wrong Bantha altogether.

Cheers

Paul

Hovi's speakers are nice to have but difficult to hear in any environment other than a crowded room. If you want to be heard go the the link below....

---------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working