Voice amp from E-bay

Hey y'all,

I found this voice amp on E-bay. I like the way the mic is. You could attach that right in the bucket easily. I don't like the amp box and speaker but for the price this could be taken apart and redone to fit inside the helmet with two new little speakers. Hasanyone ever use this system. If so, what do you think about it?

Thanks and God bless!----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

I know I am way biased because I am selling them, but you won't find a better voice amp for your dollar...

It is loud, rechargeable, small enough to mount in armor without mods, and has two input ports that will play at the same time....

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13

TK6294 said:
I know I am way biased because I am selling them, but you won't find a better voice amp for your dollar...

It is loud, rechargeable, small enough to mount in armor without mods, and has two input ports that will play at the same time....

-----------

TK6294 speaks the truth. I wouldn't recommend anything other than this setup.

There is no better amps out there, and the mic is actually pretty good, though I plan on using a throat mic instead.

Save up your cash and go with TK6294's one.

Edited by gmrhodes13

I bought the Small Talk a few months ago for really cheap on Ebay. Got it fast, good service. I popped some batteries in. It wasn't "horrible", I would give it a "C" rating. But I had some issues:

- the mic wasn't that good at picking up your voice (it needs to touch your lips to register sound sometimes)

- you have to either mount the whole mouth piece in your lid, or take it apart and just use the corded mic (its designed for respirator work masks)

- lots of feedback on the speaker

- "OK" volume but not great

- great value for $10 if you can't afford something better

About 6 weeks later, I bought TK6294 / Jim's amp, and I was was blown away. Literally...

- rechargeable, lasts much longer (I used it for 8 hours at work and it didn't even come close to wearing out)

- comes with a higher quality boom mic

- 2 ports, one for the mic and another as an additional input

- MUCH louder

- MUCH clearer

- feedback? Well there's feedback on most systems, but it was really easy to tune out on Jim's amp.

Obviously, to avoid feedback - don't face the mike towards the speaker (the mike "opening" is indicated with a white mark on the boom mike, make sure this faces you), and adjust the volume as high as you want. If you max it out too much, you will get feedback, but you get feedback on any system.

When I first got it, I put the headset mic on my head as it come in the box. The volume was about 25% louder right off the bat than the Small talk but much clearer, I though "This is OK".

But when i took the foam tip off, I noticed the orientation of the mic opening marked with a white paint dot. the mic was actually pointed down, resulting less audio pickup and more feedback. I put the foam tip back on, and rotated the actual mic tip towards my mouth, and I felt the volume increased by another 40%. This thing was much louder and clearer than the Small talk.

I can't recommend Jim's amp enough. It simply kicks an impolite person and is worth more than what he charges in terms of simplicity, functionality, and on top of that - Jim provides great service. I'd give it an "A" rating.

Did I mention my Small talk has been sitting on my work bench under a pile of junk since I got Jims amp? :)