Another 1st Troop!

TK 8776 reporting in. I had my first troop today! I attended the MADD (Mothers Against Drunk Driving) 5K Walk in Sacramento CA with the Central California Garrison. Our good buddy Thayne was kind enough to take pity on me and invite me to troop with them. Currently I'm the only 501st member in northern Nevada. My Garrison is 8.5 hours drive from where I live near Reno.

All the great people who trooped at the event were fantastic. They really made me feel at home. We had a blast interacting with all the attendees. The mood at the event was surprisingly upbeat considering many of them had lost loved ones to drunk driving accidents. I learned that everyday 46 people die in drunk driving accidents in the U.S. Amazing. We posed for tons of photos and passed out lots of high fives to excited little kids. Played with the California Highway patrol and scoped out a 7 foot chicken with possible ties to the Rebel Alliance. He was suspiciously collaborating with a couple of large insects. After intensive investigation they turned out just to be goofy looking so we had to let them go. At least that's the official report. ;)

The armor held up pretty well. Only one minor malfunction. I did, however, collect a long list of modifications that I want to make.

Great troop!

MaddGroup.jpg.8bda3c4bfa7ddaf6dcb0f97148ddbb61.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated

That's great!! Looks like you guys had an awesome time!! Since I'm from Buffalo, that chicken probably wouldn't have make it too long with me around..... Buffalo Wings anyone?!? LOL

It was great to meet you John. Haha, my height disadvantage is emphasized standing next to you Thayne, Scott & Wes. It was a fun day for a good cause.

Hi Daniel! It was awesome meeting you too. It was for a good cause and fun too.

What are you talking about? Height disadvantage? Seems like a special opps advantage to me. Have you ever smacked your forehead on a ceiling support while rushing in on an enemy? Also I'm 36.5% more likely to pick up a stray blaster shot.

Now that's a height disadvantage. :)

Thanks for coming out and making the long drive to troop John, it was good to see you and Cindy again. Thanks for posting up the pics. You're more than welcome to troop with us whenever you like.

Thanks for coming out and making the long drive to troop John, it was good to see you and Cindy again. Thanks for posting up the pics. You're more than welcome to troop with us whenever you like.

Thanks Thayne, I really appreciate the hospitality you and your garrison mates showed me. It was really fun. I think I'll take you up on that offer.