Forum issues

TKvanB

HELLO! I just registereed this morning and am having a heck of a time with this site. My computer is shutting down my internet explorer when I try to navigate this site and try to update my profile. Let's see if I am able to post this.

OK that worked. I'll keep trying.

I figured out where one problem is:

when I tried to add the information requested in the update profile screen, everytime I tried to include my "joined date" the screen would not accept any of the information.

On subsequent tries I was able to add all of the other information as long as I did not fill in that "joined date" box.

The values for the custom 501st fields require info to be typed in accordance with the pattern in their description, e.g. for joined date it's "LLL NN", meaning three letters, a space, and two numbers.

So "Jun 05" will work. "June 05" will not.

Oh, and I've upgraded you to a "501st Member"...

• 5 months later...

Hi. First, great forum - I try to visit here once a day, and appreciate a place for all us TK's to hang out. I'll be adding my name to the list of Supporters as soon as my next paycheck hits, I promise.

For some reason, though, I can't get into the 501st-Members-Only area of the forums, even though I think I'm now listed here as a 501st member. (TK-4267, Southern Outpost, Rookie of the Year 2006.) I'm sure I'm probably doing something wrong and just need to change a setting on my profile or something like that. This is what happens when I have to give up caffeine... Many thanks for any advice/help, and keep up the superb work!

Hey Tim - thanks for the kind words. :) You don't have 501st access as this is done on a as-requested basis until I get a list of email addresses from the COG to do a bulk update, as each person's identity has to be verified.

You're all set now!

• 3 weeks later...

Well we can always tweak some settings to cure some of these problems.

Sorry I can't be much help Paul, sorta on vacation from everything at the moment.

Headed over to New York City to spend time with the family for a month, then I'll head back to Sydney and we can catch up on all our webmasterly stuff.

Besides, I need a break from all this webmaster stuff anyway, or I'd burn out.

I say go for it! Even fighting troopers get pulled from the line for some R&R now and then! :dance::pint1::salute:

Yes, theres always room for relaxation :D:pint1: