ROTJ Suit by TE. progress as of Oct 2009.

I assume you're talking about the belt loops on the holster. Good eye. I completely missed that detail and here I was just talking about it in another thread. LOL

The holster was likely an added accessory that was added after the armor was assembled and it's an easy fix. I didn't think armor kits came with holsters. Since the blaster is from Allan's ANH kit it's reasonable to assume that the holster came from the same set.

Nice observation, Paul. That was a good detail to catch.

Shawn-- he's talking about the three details that fall between the "boxes" on the belt-- the ones molded from coins that cover the rivets used to attach the plastic to the canvas. ROTJ troopers don't have 'em.

Pic courtesy of [EDIT] John! [/EDIT] and StarWarsHelmets.com :)

johnorigROTJ1.JPG

I assume you're talking about the belt loops on the holster. Good eye. I completely missed that detail and here I was just talking about it in another thread. LOL

The holster was likely an added accessory that was added after the armor was assembled and it's an easy fix. I didn't think armor kits came with holsters. Since the blaster is from Allan's ANH kit it's reasonable to assume that the holster came from the same set.

Nice observation, Paul. That was a good detail to catch.

Nope. I'm talking about the little square rivet covers on the belt. For ROTJ, the plastic ammo belt was riveted straight through the webbing belt and abdomen plate at each end only, not in the middle. Only ANH and ESB troopers had these rivet covers on their belts and they were not permanently attached to the abdomen plates. Instead, they were held on with snaps and could be removed from the armour.

Nope. I'm talking about the little square rivet covers on the belt. For ROTJ, the plastic ammo belt was riveted straight through the webbing belt and abdomen plate at each end only, not in the middle. Only ANH and ESB troopers had these rivet covers on their belts and they were not permanently attached to the abdomen plates. Instead, they were held on with snaps and could be removed from the armour.

yup. paul is right about the ROTJ belt plate rivets

Thanks for the clarification. I appreciate it, everyone.

Any known way for Allan to to fix it? Sand it down and bondo it smooth perhaps?

Will that detail screw up an EIB request?

Thanks for the clarification. I appreciate it, everyone.

Any known way for Allan to to fix it? Sand it down and bondo it smooth perhaps?

Will that detail screw up an EIB request?

Just make Matt actually do it right. Good luck with that if you already paid.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any update on this suit... has it been modded after taking in any of the suggestions mentioned in this thread?

I do like a good RoTJ build.