where do you get belt clips?

Topgun

where do you get belt clips for a thermal detonator and what are they called?

You can get strips of aluminum and bend them yourself, or, you can use table cloth clamps.

Check out Kev's TK build in the TE-Derived armor section.-- he's got photos there, and I believe he mentions where you can get 'em.

It's been a while, but I think Staples carries/carried big banker's clips that worked well too.

Go to ebay and paste the following in the search box: TANDY LEATHER HOLSTER SPRING BELT CLIP

Cheap, and screen-accurate. Just make sure you get the right size.

I managed to get a pack of the table cloth holders really cheap. I think I know how to attach them but, silly question, the metal seems quite strong (I know, thats what metal is supposed to be :D ) and already has two bends in it but not quite the right way , just wondering if there were any pics/illustrations of how others have used/shaped them to fit to the belt and TD. And do most people then attatch them to the TD with rivets?

I bent mine so that it was as tall as the flat spots on the thermal detonator and then cut off the excess with tin snips. I just glued the clip onto the detonator.

What did you use to bend it with? I have only very limited tools etc to use and it does seem to have some strength to it which I seem to be lacking at the moment :D

I "bent" it into place with a hammer haha. I think I used the shank of a screwdriver to keep it from bending totally flat onto itself. The screwdriver shank keeps enough curve to let you hang the finished product on your belt. Don't bend the clasp too many times though, it'll snap in half on you.

I managed to get a pack of the table cloth holders really cheap. I think I know how to attach them but, silly question, the metal seems quite strong (I know, thats what metal is supposed to be :D ) and already has two bends in it but not quite the right way , just wondering if there were any pics/illustrations of how others have used/shaped them to fit to the belt and TD. And do most people then attatch them to the TD with rivets?

I have a detailed installation of my clips in my build thread, I hope you find it useful!

Not trying to plug my thread just thought of your question when I was building my det tube and decided to take picks and add a little how I did it. There are similar posts out there which I reviewed, some time ago and don't recall exactly where.

I have a detailed installation of my clips in my build thread, I hope you find it useful!

Not trying to plug my thread just thought of your question when I was building my det tube and decided to take picks and add a little how I did it. There are similar posts out there which I reviewed, some time ago and don't recall exactly where.

Thanks for that, thats exactly what I was looking for. I've been looking around the site but there is so much around I had real trouble finding the specific ones I need, with pics :lol: The thread is excellent and it confirms what I thought I needed to do and I nbever thought of using pliers lol

Thanks again

*Thanks for that, thats exactly what I was looking for. I've been looking around the site but there is so much around I had real trouble finding the specific ones I need, with pics The thread is excellent and it confirms what I thought I needed to do and I nbever thought of using pliers lol

Thanks again

Anne,

I am happy to help! I am glad you found it useful. B)