Question about assembly of Ap Armor forarms, biceps and legs.

I am finished with the cutting and sanding of the armor. I do have to do some minor trimming touch ups.

I have a couple of questions. I know about the differences in the shins. After trimming you can put two sides of the shins on top of each other while the other two you can tell the difference.

1. When lining up the shins I notice that the bottom fans out. I have been reading up on Stukatroopers bulid and others. Should I put a but seam on the shin halves to help it or just trim to leave 10mm on both sides? Or do both trim a little more and do a but seam? Also E6000 or abs weld for joining the two shin halves together?

2. Forearms. On one side of the arms I noticed there was not a cut line avaliable. I tried to my best and envision one. I do belive it turned out good. When assembling do I try to line them up and but seal them or do I try to have the sides flap over each outher like when you put velcro on?

3. Biceps. It is normal to have one side piece higher than normal. When trimming I noticed that the trim lines are off. I have a modeling iron to help shape the pieces like Stulkatrooper.

I am 5.3 - 5.4 feet tall. I was going to assemble and thry on the armor to see if I have to trim it dowm for movement. Is it good to trim it first or afterward to get a fit for movement when moving about?

I am at work. I will post pictures of the shins later when I get home.

Andy

Hi Andy i think pictures are going to be the key here to unlock some of the mystery for you.

Show us what you have done so far so we can better guide you.

As for trimming the armour to be able to walk will be a definite yes for someone of your stature. But you will need to get the suit fully ready to wear before you can accurately trim where needed to be comfortable.

qr5P0iI.jpg

I think u could iron or steam iron the top...

yCg5gBI.jpg

Once u steam iron the front them i think u will be able to aline the backs to be level.

5GZCETk.jpg

Ya i think here to the way to go is to steam iron.

TK-2126_MD said:

I think u could iron or steam iron the top...

Once u steam iron the front them i think u will be able to aline the backs to be level.

Ya i think here to the way to go is to steam iron.

I have a modeling iron to level the sides. The front part where the two sides meet. The top to bottom where it splits out. Should I trim some off and make a but seam to get the front to match up?

Just my 2 credits

From the research and assembly I did when put together my AP armor I found that with the shins, that because the of the missing mold, they don't line up perfectly in the back if you have them lined up square in the front. What I did and my suggestion is line every thing up so that your front seams looks straight and true and then after that tweak the back seam so that it looks OK and it functions to clamp the armor around your leg.

That way your best side is facing forward and not to many people are really going to scrutinize the back of your shins.