Matching Helmet Paint Color to FX armor

Blaze

I had a hard time finding anything really definitive on this in respect to FX armor.

I understand the RT-mod helmet does not match the FX-lite in color perfectly.

So once and for all, what would I need to do to get them to match? Like, what color paint?

I saw some great video tutorials on the forums but they weren't FX related.

I'm looking to find a solution where I'd only have to paint the helmet to get a perfect match.

I've noticed the FX has a slight gray tinge to it, so if you are really looking for a perfect match, I'd go for that if you can find it. The easiest thing to do would be to bring a piece of FX (for instance, one of the hand plates) into a paint store and have them do a custom blend.

In all honestly, it may not be worth the effort. I wear an RT helmet with my FX lite, and it is very close. So close that even a 501st stormtrooper wouldn't notice the difference unless they were looking closely. Other helmets aren't as close in color.

I'll get a couple of photos up later today, each under different lighting conditions, so you can see for yourself.

I'll get a couple of photos up later today, each under different lighting conditions, so you can see for yourself.

It's actually screen accurate to ANH (not sure about ESB and ROTJ) for the helmet and armor to not be exact color matches.

I have an RT-Mod helmet and its a very close enough match to my FX, I wouldnt recommend painting it.

Cool thanks for the info guys. Some pics would put me at ease though :T

ZIM2bPF.jpgpfm7Duu.jpgbXrmRpA.jpg

Older photos (but with the same armor/helmet combination) are posted on my EIB submission thread.

http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=5749

An added benefit of the FX Lite / RT-Mod combination is both the helmet and armor are made of ABS with similar thickness. I can't say for sure whether or not it helps with making them more compatible appearance-wise, but it certainly doesn't hurt.

Hey you're right, that is a pretty good match!

Thanks for the pictures :T

Wow you look straight out of the video games, btw.

I've heard the new FX is getting a makeover, so I'm still waiting to hear if the FX helmet is getting a redo as well before I make my purchase but so far the RT-mod helmet looks like a good choice for FX-lite.

Hey you're right, that is a pretty good match!

Thanks for the pictures :T

Wow you look straight out of the video games, btw.

Thanks! :)

I've heard the new FX is getting a makeover, so I'm still waiting to hear if the FX helmet is getting a redo as well before I make my purchase but so far the RT-mod helmet looks like a good choice for FX-lite.

The helmet is being redone but that will be the last piece to be resculpted, so it may be a while even after the new AM body armor (which will be the successor to FX - but no definite release date yet) is released for a new AM helmet to show up. In the interim, the FX helmet will be redone with a more accurately-shaped dome, but that's only one of the needed changes.