help please

Topgun

Hey there Tyler! TK-4205 has an excellent tutorial written just for you (and well, others who are asking this question)!

-----

It's also in the -----, along with a myriad of other helpful tutorials :).

Hope that helps?

Vincent

-Quick edit: link was messed up, should work now :)-

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020

Without the clips for it, it was near impossible for me. Instead I went to Walmart and bought some foam, took it home and cut it round with a hole, like a big donut shape and crammed it into my helmet. It's a snug fit and doesn't need to be glued at all. I love it, very comfortable, and if the foam gets nasty after a while, I can just cut a new piece and replace it!

Man ....i think there are as many ways to do this as tyhere is to make a perfect hamburger......... Every one has his/her method and swears by it.....

1:

The first one i did that was the easiest was with my TK it came with abs pieces that acted like the groves in the hardhats, u just glued them in and Presto!!!!!!

Remember that if u use glasses and even if u dont use glasses what ever system u use try to give yourr self 1/4-1/2 inch on the front ones or else your eyes and eyelashs will be in direct contat with the lens.

2: I wasnt able to get any more of thous AWESOME hardhatliner "stoppers/tees" so i got a old hard hat and dremeled the 4 conector pieces and with industruial velcro to place.

3: (Havent used or done this. some ppl just use e-6000,goop,liq nails etc and glue the hardhat liner "prongs" directly!!!! u would suggest to test the hard hat liner on your head first and lower alll 4 prongs and have a second person mark were the stripes of cloth or lace rest so that when i glue the HHL u get the lace space to fit your head....?????? Make sence?????

4: Many other methods, wait and see what others say

5: this is some ppl use the sponge, helmet liner etc methods of the HHL

Personally i use HHL for every thin i can, fits nice,moves nice with your head, and bet of all lets air curculate, your own sweat acts as a cooling agent as it evaporates.

jfenOZL.jpg

used the entire HHL, would have worked but the HHL and the mask didnt fit snug so it moved around, i opted to cut them worked awesome!!!

P0wuyl1.jpg

Here cut!!! compare to top pic

RT75OfI.jpg

here u can see the "Tees" or abs claps that u glued

uGKJDTA.jpg

JUrsYhR.jpg

I like HHL but see if this is the way to go. other will swear that sponge or helmet liner is the way to go....... see what sounds and works for u......

If some one know were or who has the plastic TEES or clapms PLZ!!!! PM

Merugear said:

Hey there Tyler! TK-4205 has an excellent tutorial written just for you (and well, others who are asking this question)!

-------

It's also in the ----------- along with a myriad of other helpful tutorials :).

Hope that helps?

Vincent

-Quick edit: link was messed up, should work now :)-

THX for the link to 4205!!!!!!! i cant bielive i hadnt seen or hear of this !!!!!!!! This is the way to go!!!!!!

Still if any one knows were to get theses already made PLZ PM!!!!!!!

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Bluehickey what kind of foam did you purchase?

In the craft section of Walmart: "Foam Seat Cushions" $10 for a package with 4 cushions in it.

What's really cool about it is that by moving the foam cushion ring in the helmet to different spots slightly, I can easily adjust how the helmet sits on my head.

I've got it down perfect right now where my head sits towards the back of the helmet so that my nose and mouth are not touching the front of the inside of the helmet. I love it!

I just used industrial velcro on mine. Glued one side on the hard hat liner in three places with E6000 and then the other part of the velcro inside the helmet. It now allows me to adjust the liner to where it is comfortable and lets me remove it should I wish too..not sure how it will stand up to trooping as I haven't had a troop YET (first is next weekend) :)