HOWTO: Easy Laser sight for Hasbro Blaster

johnnymac

Guys, I recently bought a green laser pointer for next to nothing on ebay and thought that it would be really cool to add it to a hasbro blaster. It is really simple and if you haven't already done something like this, it looks really cool. First off you need to solder a positive and negative wire to the inside of your laser pointer. You will also need to tape down or glue the button on the laser so that it is permanently pressed in.

Then solder the positive red wire to the positive terminal in the blaster. Then drill a hole in the blaster where the fake plastic selector switch is. Install a momentary switch (push button on/off from Radio Shack) in the hole. You will also need to cut out a space for the button on the trigger.

Then solder the negative wire from the laser to one terminal on the switch and solder a short wire from the neg terminal on the battery to the other side of the switch and voila. You now have a laser sight on your blaster.

pXeCx5r.jpg

n4wxMvn.jpg

Hows the power useage in regards to the blaster electronics and the laser????

It's all powered on the AA batteries that came with the blaster. I have only had it wired up for 2 days, but I haven't noticed any power loss. I'll let you know if it drains the batteries, but so far so good... I've already blinded the neighbors cat, 2 dogs and fixed the old lady across the streets cataracts. :-)

• Like 1

• 5 years later...