AP armor - shins are the same?

Hi guys, sorry for the noob question. But I read somewhere that AP shins are the "same" on the left and right. Is that the case? Some pics I've seen are ANH style with the bumps on the right, and the wedge shaped piece on the left. Is that how they make it now?

Thanks!

Terry, the knee plate and the right knee part are separate pieces, that you have to rivet to the suit. The right knee part is actually riveted to the thigh part, not the shin.

I believe the AP comes with a doubled up outer right to replace the missing inner left. You can tell the inner parts from the outer as they are indented from the shin bone and curve out towards the calf muscle, just as your legs do.

Dont't fall into the same trap as most AP owners and put a perfectly assembled left shin that is supposed to have the knee plate attached on your right leg. Putting the right leg on your left leg makes you look knock kneed and can easily be avoided. Post pics of the shins taped together if you are insure before gluing them.

Troopermaster is right

I believe the AP comes with a doubled up outer right to replace the missing inner left.

I used this drawing when I was putting mine together to tell the difference. It came from Stukatrooper's AP build tutorial. Great tutorial Stukatrooper. (Hope it's ok to post the image.)

SCkxXb8.jpg

Stukatrooper's AP Build

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021

Thanks Dmian, I know the knee cap and right side bit were separate and required riveting, but I wasn't sure of the shins, if there was an actual left and right. I should have been more thorough with my description.

Blue cow, the diagram is great, thank you.

Thanks for clarifying guys!