A couple of questions

I tried the abs/cod piece with the kidney plate on, and it's short by 1 inch... :( (well, what can I say, I'm in my mid 30s, but I'm not fat.)

I wanted to close it clam style (screen accurate) and was thinking that maybe I could leave 1cm gap on each side. For example, not all troopers in the movie had those parts touching:

whitestrap.jpg

But that would prevent me from getting EIB status...

Is there anything that I can do other than add a piece of extra ABS?

Another question is, should I use an orange strap to join the chest and back, like the one on these pictures?

back1.jpg

(I'm planning to use the small elastic band :) )

or clearer, from Paul's reference pictures:

3566916599_b577644143_d.jpg

Or should a white strap be good enough?

(BTW, the abs and kidney pieces of the first guy are not touching.)

Should I put 2 snaps on the crotch and leave them visible like the original?

crotch_snapt.jpg

Or should it be better to make them invisible?

Any suggestions?

Also, the pouches have some kind of filling:

cod.jpg

Any idea of what material could that be?

I only know that the pouches should be held using a white strap.

Should I use a black belt to hold the thighs and leg pieces?

Is that the movie accurate way?

Which parts were held by elastic and which ones by straps in the original armors?

Any ideas?

I'll probably have more questions...

What you call pouches are what we normally call drop boxes. They are a clam shell design, but that is not needed for EIB.

Also, the snap count, the way its assembled is not nailed down to that much detail you show. Yes... The look must be right to your body, but not to the bolt count. FBJ, TM and Stuka really have set the bar high, but those details are optional even for EIB. Hell, I am not going as far as these guys, but still my suit is on its way to EIB. Following one of there builds would be a good way to assure EIB though. Top notch blokes there man!

The strap you show is not orange. It was and should be a tan color. Age and dirt give it a tint, but that is not orange. Off white really.

The internal strapping is not shown really in any ref pics that we all have access to. It really doesn't matter on the color, its under the armor. Most use black but as long as its under the armor no one will ever know.

Hope that helped a tad. ;)

Another question is, should I use an orange strap to join the chest and back, like the one on these pictures?

(I'm planning to use the small elastic band :))

Or should a white strap be good enough?

I used a black elastic, it's comfortable and invisible, you can use a white one if you want something more accurate.

Should I put 2 snaps on the crotch and leave them visible like the original?

Or should it be better to make them invisible?

Any suggestions?

Since it's a delicate and narrow part I preferred not to weaken it by drilling holes, so I glued a snap plate on the inside just like on the rest of the armor. If you want total accuracy you go with the two visible snaps.

Also, the pouches have some kind of filling:

Any idea of what material could that be?

I only know that the pouches should be held using a white strap.

The drop boxes were, well, boxes, so they were closed on the back. I'll suggest white elastic to hold them, so it can stretch a bit and not stress the belt.

Should I use a black belt to hold the thighs and leg pieces? Is that the movie accurate way?

Yes, a black belt with black elastics to hold the thighs. The shins are held in position by the boots only, no strapping there.

Which parts were held by elastic and which ones by straps in the original armors? Any ideas?

If I remember well it was all elastic, no webbing anywhere, right Paul? ;)

Thanks Nathan and Pablo! :)

I must confess that I'm a bit obsessed with accuracy at the moment. :P

I still have doubts about the crotch. I don't know if I should go for accuracy and risk a crack or just do what Pablo did. I have to think about it.

I just bought some 8 cm (that's 3 1/8 inches) white elastic for the sides. I saw Graham (G4Tyrant) use that and it might be the solution to my problem for the Ab/Kidney joint.

I also bought the small 5 mm white elastic for the shoulder straps :D

I have 2 cm and 3 cm nylon straps (like those from the backpacks, I think it's called "webbing" right?) in both black and white. And a couple of backpack clasps for the strapping "system."

And lots of snaps in both white and black. Oh! and rivets too (I can't seem to find white rivets, so I'll have to paint mine.)

I ordered my neckseal and holster from a fellow Spanish Garrison member, but I don't know how accurate those are, but will serve me well till I can get accurate parts.

I'm hoping to get a holster from SuperTrooper if the one I've ordered is not as accurate as I'd like it to be.

And as Riveting is not making accurate neckseals anymore I think I'll do something about it... B)

And about the drop boxes, I was thinking of using white EVA (foam rubber or Foamy) to fill them. I think it may look nice and be light enough.

Any more suggestions?

Is there anything I should consider?

Thanks!