How do I get rid of the epoxy smell in helmet?

Any tips?

I did use epoxyglue to connect the mesh and the lenses to the faceplate....My god i cant wear it...it smells so bad even after one week upside down.

My thoughts so far...

Maybee put som humbrol on the glue?

Put electric tejp over it and see if it dissapears?

And then i am out of opptions...any ideas?

thanks

Do you have somewhere safe you can put it outside that's sheltered and secure, but still allows airflow? Shed, garage, garden storage locker? You could try leaving it there for a week. The air will help. Leaving it in the house won't get the airflow you need to help with the stench.

Bah, that's what I hate about some epoxies.... Even though it is dry and hard as a rock, the epoxy is still curing and offgassing. Some take months to fully cure. I had a model airplane that ended up being so rank, that I could smell the epoxy all throughout the house. I ended up using our spare bathroom and an electric heater to keep the room around 85 degrees for a week to speed up the curing process.

well.... i´ve used epoxy for about 14 years now in planes, helmets, armor, models, terrain models, etc and never had any problems with poisoning.

the ones time I felt a little light headed was last year while using contact cement for a ARC pauldron I was building.

basically all my helmets have epoxy on the inside and I´ve never had any problems. You might want to check that with your local hardware store though.