anyone here added a chinstrap to their bucket?

i have a FX lid, and im using the hardhat liner. the fit is good, but say i where moving about a lot, where a chinstrap would come in handy, any ideas how to go about it?

p.s. i might possibly move to using foam to line my lid, but i havent got a clue where to find anything decent (also, the type of foam to use), can anyone link me to some pages on the webnet? preferably UK please.

I added a chin strap to my RT-Mod the other day, it helps keep the lenses in the right spot when I try to look down but really I added it because I like adding stuff to my helmet :D

Here's one showing how I attached the straps (it's the same on the other side):

--------------

The strap is just two pieces of elastic, one longer than the other and I attached snaps on each end to join them. I tried a one piece strap but got stuck and couldn't get the helmet off :blink:

I got the idea for mine from this post by Troopermaster... Link

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

You aren't supposed to keep it so tight that your eyes bug out! :blink:

:P

I think its the liner padding, its that rubber head band stuff...it really starts to hurt after about 3 hours. :unsure: then I have to keep adjusting it :(