Forearm trimming question

Hi all,

I've begun to assemble my FX armor, having finish the first bicep and currently working on the second. My next step was going to be to do the forearms, but I have a question about whether I'll need to do some trimming.

When I line up the two pieces of the forearm (with the bottom seams flush and even), I end up with about an 1/8'' of armor from the back piece higher that the smaller piece. My question is, should I trim this or leave as is?

Also, if I need to do some cutting how should I cut it? In other words, should I gradually angle the trim upwards on the back piece? Or round it off? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

pqAbPx4.jpg

TVBUYhV.jpg

SuperTrooper said:

Here is how I did it on my FX armor a few years back.

So you would angle the trim all the way to raised portion of the plastic, about 3-4"?

I suppose my other option would be to raise the smaller piece a fraction of an inch, then trim on both the top and the bottom of the armor. Maybe this way the cuts won't be as significant.

Thanks for your response!