FISD Achievement Awards

Daetrin

I would certainly concur with an inaugural "class" of awards going to Mike A., Pete/Stukatrooper, Nathan, and Smitty. I have relied heavily on all of them in putting together my first couple of helmets, my blasters, and my EIB ANH suit -- which I finished last night and will be posting photos of for clearance as soon as the TK number comes through!

The content and tutorials from all of them were invaluable. Pete's Photostreams became my bible of assembly -- almost every strap or rivet I've placed in my suit can be traced back to either him or firebladejedi. Hey....there's another one: Mark!

If there isn't a initial class of four or five during the inception, I think we have our first five or six months booked at the very least. Throw in Stomper and then I guess we're lucky Detachment Officers like Paul/Daetrin, Terrell, Guns, and Billhaq aren't eligible or you'd basically have the first year booked! :D

My sincere gratitude to you all. I think this is a fantastic idea!

-Chris

"no soldier should be rewarded for doing what's expected from him"

-Petty Officer John-117, Master Chief.

Thanks for the nomination, but i don't really think I've done enough to deserve one.

About the staff nominations, guys, this place works because of you! if I could give medals to all of you I would believe me.

Not because of you guys doing what's expected from the staff but because you go beyond what'expected and then some.

Paul has been a beacon for me in this place on or off MP he's an easy leader to follow with great spirit and will to make this train roll on.

Stukatrooper for his outstanding work in armor and helmets, I've learned unsurmountable ammounts with his work.

Troopermaster... need I say more?

Guns for stepping up to the task of keeping TE armor alive.

Gundam Zepellin for his absolute willingness to help anyone in need for tips and info on armor workings and mods.

Stomper for keeping the ideals of propmaking clear as water and proving that prop building can be done without price gouging.

Smithy for uncompromised, realistic but completely positive feedback and opinions on anything regarding TKs and this group, he's the kind of trooper that inspires others with examples of good spirit, he likes to help and does it with a happy face.

TK 4205 for his outstanding service regarding research and recreation of the best possible info for props and props themselves and keeping the quality bar as high as it can be at the appropriate time.

Of Course: All of the armorers in the group, without them and their efforts the rest of us troopers wouldn't be here.

I can think of more but just for starters I think these are the guys that should be awarded first line. I'm not that common a guy in this forum (i am now ^_^ ) but these are the cases that have caught my eye and that have been there doing more than what's expected from them.

After compiling the records and discussing it with staff, I'm awarding the initial batch of 20 to the following folks:

Chazz (Gundamzeppelin) - pushed fabric belts early on

Commander Dragas - helping out many new folks

Tony (Stomper) - promoting correct hovis with speakers

Paul (T M) - numerous contributions in terms of information regarding costumes

John Danter - first Space Trooper, among many achievements

Chris (Smitty) - contributions too numerous, helping out many new folks

tkrestonva - always helping out new folks with comments, contributing more than many staff

dougefresh - numerous posts helping and encouraging new members

Joey (TK 2126 MD) - enthusiasm and tenacity in *being* Outpost Bolivia

Pete (Stukatrooper) - awesome tutorials that help out many troopers

Mike (TK-4510) - ground breaking tutorials on helmets

Nathan (TK-9135) - helping out new folks, adding to esprit de corp with his spirit of giving

Russ (Ruf Terrain) - pioneering the accurate ab buttons in tutorial and sales back when the FISD was brand new

TKDueno - for showing us what a real E-11 looks like

Stormtrooper - first to bring us latext hand plates

TK-8280 - first ROTJ EIB

ThayNerd - first ANH/ESB EIB

nothingrecorded - hours of dedication in getting the visual requirements for the TK commander nailed down

ForlornHope - for pushing almost single handedly at times to get the TK commander details worked out

Also, prior staff : Carlos, Scott M., Exodus, TK4999 all for their service.

Wow, that seems like a lot, huh? Perhaps in light of the fact that we have 5,839 registered members, and about 500 detachment members (that's 501st AND TK), this is less than 5% of our detachment membership. That's an even more select group than our EIB members (about 80 so far).

Congrats to the recipients. Thank you so much for your dedication to the detachment. As Synaptyx says as our unofficial motto: Troopers Helping Troopers! That's what FISD is all about.

:salute:

And with that, this topic is closed.