Comic-Con and the Rubies Stormtrooper

ForlornHope

Any other troopers attending comic-con this year fear that we will be running into a nest of rubies supreme stormtrooper customers?

Just a thought for laughs.

well i ran into one in Anime Expo which i didnt expect that to be there since very little did i see of starwars vs all that anime i can count/remember who was there lol:

three TK (one rubies)

two TX (including me)

one Tie fighter

one samurai darth vader

i am not sure if there was a samurai TK but had the helmet of the collectible rubies one

one darth maw

two-three jedi (not sure if i passed the same one some times)

and one R2-D2 looking thing

so i dont really fear it i just dont expect much of it

yeah poor guy probably got it for 1k =( someone didnt do their homework

as some wise folks around here have said... research, research, research.... poor fella....

Hey Jonathan - just remember that it may be due to ignorance, and one shouldn't make fun of that. I remember when I got my armor and thought out of the box FX was pretty cool and that's what several in my Legion were sporting. I felt bad when I saw how good armor could be and kinda was a little miffed at folks in my garrison for not telling me about my options.

That's part of why I created FISD - so people at least know what their choice are - not to make them feel bad. A 501st TK is a 501st TK and still has a home here, after all.

And - some of those folks may just not care, so why make them enemies of the Legion? For those that do - a FISD trading card with our address and just letting them know there are options in case they want to progress should be fair enough, and you can get a high from helping someone rather than via schadenfreude.

My $.02. Wish I could make it to SDCC - now would be a great time in my life to enjoy a party of fellow stormtroopers, and meeting a bunch of people I've so far mostly known online.

Enjoy your time bro! :pint1:

I totally agree, I think that anyone that's interested in doing this should be included, regardless of their armor, heck, I almost bought FX armor, and probably would have been happy with it, but after researching and looking around I saw what I can achieve with some time, and effort. I'm just glad you guys have this site. You all have really put me on the right track, and I bet that others feel the same way. I just hope that some day pics of my armor inspire others to do a better job with theirs just like you have inspired me to do better with mine.

yeah i remember like a year ago when i was still looking at ebay seeing if those are good but i still researched around and saw the rubies one but i always felt something different with the helmet and when i saw internet photos of it it wasnt something i wanted. Thanks to FISD and many pmed questions later I saw that out of the box rubies arent very well accepted and little mod here and there + the booting of the helmet the armor looks pretty decent

both ways with all armor type it requires hard work and research. =/ I just say that i dont expect rubies out of the box o.< probably only me but the helmet kinda freaks me out if i stare at it too long