REQUEST FOR: sticking down peeling tube stripes?

I’ve noticed that a few of my tube stripe decals are starting to peel a one of the corners

They were fine for all of the trooping that I did in May but are now just starting to peel up a bit.

Is there a safe glue I can use that will not make a mess or a clear coat to hold them down or should I just get more stripes?

I put these all on by hand and spent a long time on each one smoothing the bubbles out and letting them adhere. Could it be the high humidity in my area?

Thanks troops

Tim :)

Or peel them all off, and buff out the residue from the old stickers and apply a brand new set of Scott M or TK-4510's most excellent tube stripes.

Maybe a coat of clear nail polish? (wait for someone else to weigh in on this before trying!)

My thoughts exactly but I wanted to hear if anyone knew what it would do first

I have spare ABS but no spare stickets ATM

Or peel them all off, and buff out the residue from the old stickers and apply a brand new set of Scott M or TK-4510's most excellent tube stripes.

Ya i think this is your best deal.....

Remember that u need to have the area very clean, i would use warm to slightly hot water, windex or other mild soap cleaner and remove all the old sticky decal remanents. remove all soapy leave clean. then apply a wipe wipe with 91%proof rub alcohol ( this is if your lid is ABS, dont know about other materials) dry with clean cloth or toilet paper, blow ( mouth or hair dry, this is for 1-2 secs)dry apply new decals.

In regards to the others one there are many factors that could have contibuted to them to start to peel.

1.- not automotive or higher quality decals

2.- helmet surface wasnt clean ( dust,fingerprint oil etc etc)

3.- there could have been exposed to extreme temp changes

4. could have just been the one shooty decal of the lot that was made ( my teeth were peeling after a few weeks, even thou i took all the precautions i could ( other decals are fine after many yrs........)

5. " ________" Insert other reasons

So there is nothing I can put onto the decals to hold them down? Poop

I'm voting for temperature changes and humidity its been up and down from freezing to hot here and raining like a son of a b....

Thanks for the removing advice. I will use it on the 3 that are peeling

Tube stripes are only $6.00 shipped. They are a snap to apply and you do them all at once not individually. You did say that you put them on one at a time, right?

"I put these all on by hand and spent a long time on each one smoothing the bubbles out and letting them adhere"

• 2 months later...

Shouldnt he be able to use a clear gloss enamal to coat over the entire helmet, and by doing that the stripes are garanteed to never come off again. Or would using the clear gloss enamal be bad to apply over the paint and cause streaking?

I would think it would be ok to do that, let me know what you think.