Helmet Mounted Speaker covers for under 50 Cents

While returning home from a quick trip to the local grocery store for some frozen pizza and RedBull something from the corner of my eye caught my attention and this is what it turned into.

They could cost up to 50 Cents depending on your grocer haha.

FtxYhdw.jpg

4PEScm3.jpg

ivfpuC9.jpg

I wrapped the inside of the helmet with soft (loop) Industrial Velcro and the inside of the plastic speaker holders using the hard (hook) side of the velcro and then just stuck it in place and used a bit of pressure to secure it.

So far so good!

What kind of speakers are you using, a home made rig with parts from Radioshack? How loud is it/are they?

I am just using two 1x1.5 inch speakers that I pulled from the inside of small Dell Desktop computers at work, they fit in the plastic caps perfectly and after I drilled the holes behind the aerators as big as I could without hurting the aerators, they are loud enough as far as I can tell. I will have someone else wear my helmet later today to see what it sounds like from the outside.