Chin straps...

Just a couple of questions for those of you that have chin straps for your buckets...

1) They're optional for a helmet, correct?

2) If you've trooped with/without a chin strap, which did you prefer and why?

Just curious...I know it would help with stability, but I just don't like having a strap sitting there...:) Figured I'd ask the experts before I made a decision with my helmet(s).

Thanks!

I have and use a hard-hat liner and luv it!!!!! but the chin straps are what they used....... I think it really just depends on u. Wait for someone that has both or has trooper with both.....

as for me i will stay with my hard-hat liner.

It depends on what you use for padding the inside of the helmet.

I typically use the star shapped foam and with only that, the helmet can wobble a little, a chin strap sorts that out nicely. If you use 3/4 inch elastic and dont have it too tight, it should be fine :)

I have and use a hard-hat liner and luv it!!!!! but the chin straps are what they used....... I think it really just depends on u. Wait for someone that has both or has trooper with both.....

as for me i will stay with my hard-hat liner.

Yeah i used a hard hat liner too and i have no problems with it and well i have a stubby neck so my helmet clashish with my chest plate so i dont get much wobbling lol...and i have a big noggin for the MR

I've never bothered with a chin strap but am curious to try one that has just to see what it's like. Having less padding in the bucket sure helps with more air flow.