im new and would love some help

Hi Dakota,

Welcome to the FISD. If you haven't already noticed, there is a certain protocol that we follow here when it comes to recommendations for certain types of armor.

You won't see anyone posting a reply to your questions about armor with a simple, "here bro, X armor is the best and here's the link"... that won't happen here. And you can't post a I want to buy X armor thread because that's against the general rules here. So don't get frustrated in your search. You might seek out the detachment leader or even his executive officer...both individuals are knowledgeable and experienced.

One recommendation was to visit Star War Helmets.com. There you will see several different helmets from different makers. Good background info to be had there. Doing your homework will result in a more successful and pleasant armor purchase to be sure.

Have you tried contacting the Southern California Garrison for assistance? I'm sure there are numerous individuals assigned there who might be able to answer all your questions. And, you can always PM anyone of the troopers here for their personal recommendations off-line.

As for me, I'm 5'6" and I started with FX armor. I stayed with FX armor for a couple of months until I found a movie-accurate armor maker known as TE. I now wear TE armor exclusively...but I also have AP & GF armor as well.

See ya around the campus!

T :salute:

ePS: Also, the "size matters not" post was not intended for you - just an acknowledgement that the ANH-type armor that is available out there in the galaxy is indeed better for us "vertically-challenged" troopers.

Thanks, i have thaught about it and i have decided that i might just buy a helmet and then later buy a full suit. i have a couple grand cuz iv been saving but idont no if it would be in my best interest to use it all on a suit you no?

I don't think there is any harm in buying a helmet, especially if you go with an MRCE. You could always modify it later.

Personally I have the problem where I get "hooked" on an idea, where I think something is cool and decide I really want it, but once I get it/have it I hardly use it. That's why there is a 1969 Volkswagon Beetle sitting in my drive way that I hardly drive anymore. I saw it for sale on the side of the road one day on the way to school and I said "I NEED THAT!", so I went and bought it. Probably the worst investment I have made so far in my life. I thought I really wanted it at the time but now its just sitting there.

Stormtrooper armor is really expensive if you only plan on using it once or twice. If its something you plan on trooping in and using frequently then I would consider it a "good" investment. If you want to wear it to school once or twice, or use it for a Halloween costume, only to get bored with it and have it sit in your closet then I would consider it a "bad" investment.

If you buy just a helmet then at least you are only in the hole a few hundred dollars or so. That's basically what I did. I bought my MRCE helmet when they first came out, wore it with a white tuxedo for halloween (TK-Suave :D), and now a year later I am modifying the helmet and investing in some armor.

So yes, long answer to your short question, I think its a good idea to get a helmet first, see if you really like it or you get bored with it, and go from there. :)

I don't think there is any harm in buying a helmet, especially if you go with an MRCE. You could always modify it later.

Personally I have the problem where I get "hooked" on an idea, where I think something is cool and decide I really want it, but once I get it/have it I hardly use it. That's why there is a 1969 Volkswagon Beetle sitting in my drive way that I hardly drive anymore. I saw it for sale on the side of the road one day on the way to school and I said "I NEED THAT!", so I went and bought it. Probably the worst investment I have made so far in my life. I thought I really wanted it at the time but now its just sitting there.

Stormtrooper armor is really expensive if you only plan on using it once or twice. If its something you plan on trooping in and using frequently then I would consider it a "good" investment. If you want to wear it to school once or twice, or use it for a Halloween costume, only to get bored with it and have it sit in your closet then I would consider it a "bad" investment.

If you buy just a helmet then at least you are only in the hole a few hundred dollars or so. That's basically what I did. I bought my MRCE helmet when they first came out, wore it with a white tuxedo for halloween (TK-Suave :D), and now a year later I am modifying the helmet and investing in some armor.

So yes, long answer to your short question, I think its a good idea to get a helmet first, see if you really like it or you get bored with it, and go from there. :)

Best reply so far, and also im only 5-4 so i dont think that it would be a wise investment because im shure i still have alot if growing to do. Im only 17 (i should be like 5-9 for my age) o well