Saber find this weekend

Tiepilot1138

I replied to a post on craigslist last week to someone selling a Force FX saber for $50 due to a moving sale (no more info available). A few days went by with no response and I forgot about it. Sunday I get an e-mail saying that it was still available, but the people were moving the following day. If I still wanted it I would have to get it that night. I asked if it worked, they said yes, I left the house.

I get there to find an apartment completely barren of any furniture or decoration, but piled high with 20+ suitcases. It turns out the family is moving back to Pakistan and getting on the plane first thing in the morning! In the corner is the saber (Anakin's blue one). I'm not too impressed. The blade is all marred up, it looks like someone's been hitting a wall with it and the paint has transferred. I can scratch some off with a fingernail, so I figure it will come off. I fire it up and it lights and sounds, so I take it.

I get it home and realize it's not lighting very well, and it flickers. I'm not happy. I take some windex to it and can't get the marks off. Now I'm really not happy. The marks are REALLY visible when the blade is lit in the dark (it was light out when I picked it up). I think, let's try the magic eraser. It took my tube stripes off, this should be no problem! Sure enough, 5 minutes later and a little elbow grease and the blade was pristine. I then noticed that the lights flickered when it made noise, so I decided to change the batteries. The result was a much brighter constant blade. Very happy now.

I guess the moral of the story was that I thought I was getting a good deal, was disappointed when I thought I got shafted, and was that much more pleased with it when I made it pretty again!

I know it's a good guy's blade, but it's still going to look good on the wall and swatting at the kids (and Anakin wasn't all good, you know!)

I have the MR Vader saber, I wanted to have at least one saber as part of my SW collection. Is the Force FX saber more or less the same? Now, what's this "good-guy bad guy" stuff?? :huh: We troopers didn't start the Clone Wars, other's did! We didn't flood the galaxy with Hut's, Black Sun scum, smuglers, spice runner's after the war, others did! We troopers just did our duty! :) (well, there was that little brew-ha on that moisture farm :Laser: , but they where suspected reb's! )Why if not for us loyal, gallant troopers, where would the galaxy be? :P

It's actually labeled Master Replicas on the bottom of the grip, so it's probably similar. I have heard the Force FX sabers are a bit bigger than 1:1 though. I've never seen one of the prop replicas firsthand, so can't say for sure.

The stock blades on the MR and the new Hasbro ones are crudy to begin with.

Head over to either

The Custom Saber Shop

OR

Ultrasabers

Pick your self up a conversion kit. Change that bad boy over to a stunt. Comes with a Luxon 3 or 5 LED and they are SUPER bright. Far Far better than the MR blade.

The MR Blade has a series of LEDs in them, and they are weak. The kit is easy to install and it is a vast improvement. That will make your 50 dollar saber worth 3 time that. A turn key kit from them is about 225 back in the day. Might be cheaper now, but that is what I paid. As long as your sound module (where the batteries go) is good, your golden.

Either site sells a kit with a new plastic stunt blade.

yeah i have like 4 FX sabers and they are bigger than the 1:1 props, i also have a small collection of MR props, i love collectible props, which is why i don't have white armor now i am so late into the armor game!

here's---------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021