How long did you wait for yours?

Hey! I havn't been around here in a while due to midterms and stressful school fun... But i did manage to get an AP set ordered back in January. Which kind of concerns me a bit now, its exactly 1 week shy of taking an entire month to get here and i'm just wondering if thats kind of a normal thing or if i just have some kind of attraction to things getting lost coming to my address? One thing that may be taking it longer is that my brother amazingly forked out $200 to get it pre built before shipment as a late christmas present (and because he got a new job). So maybe thats whats holding it up?

If I remember correctly, it took a little under a month to get an AP suit (which I've since sold), and that was having it in kit form, untrimmed. It likely will take longer to have a suit trimmed out and assembled, so I don't really think it's time to start worrying quite yet. You certainly can email AP and ask politely about your suit's status. He's a good guy and usually responded to my questions quickly.

His reputation is sterling, so I'd not worry. I can say that trimming does take a lot of time. A little patience should be rewarded I'd think. I once had to wait 3 months for a clone suit, and that was untrimmed.

Well that makes me feel a lot better! It was nothing against AP or anything, its just that before some of Stompers Hovi's got lost in the mail somewhere and now i get nervous when things seem to take a long time because i know i can trust Stomper (he even so nicely replaced them for free!!). *phew* takes a lot off my mind :P

And actually (sorry for double post) But is it still a lot of work even if the kit comes trimmed? Because i do want to gain some kind of experiance but i just think a whole untrimmed kit might be a bit much for me at first.

Is he just trimming or doing some of the assembly? The only hard parts for me at least are the legs and arms, which is why I pay someone else to to them. :) Otherwise it's the same as a normal kit.

It's kinda vague, but he did say its ready to wear right out of the box.... but i doubt it'll fit perfect, or even close right away

Then you got a fantastic bargain if for $200 you got it trimmed and assembled, including strapping.

Whoa! this is so weird, i just got an e-mail from him saying he just finished the helmet and only has to slap some velcro in the right places and its off for delivery (arriving in a week or 2) and he also asked if i had a friend from here ordering the same thing which really creeped me out because we're doing this as a joined hobby kinda deal to do together! He really pays attention.