Fanboys Opening Night

TK8776 jgarrettg

We discussed trooping this on our Garrison board. Aside from the fact it's not playing nearby, there was an overriding concern regarding the potential for physical abuse by non-fanboys. Given the very high nerd-factor, we came to the conclusion that it just wasn't safe to troop this in costume, at least not without having some large, mean-looking, violence-prone, non-costumed handlers accompanying us.

Ā 

Anyone else have this concern, or are we being excessively paranoid?

:unsure: Have you guys run into this kind of trouble before?

Ā 

God forbid anybody messes with me while I'm trooping. Something might happen that gets me kicked out of the legion.

Ā 

Not in front of the kids though. Might have to drag them into an alley. :)

Well we hit the road, rumbled with some Trekies and a couple of snow storms. Stormed the ranch and saw the movie. What a blast. I thought it was great fun. I absolutely loved the movie. Can't wait to see it again.

Ā 

We met up with some guys from the Golden Gate Garrison and the Rebel Legion that were trooping the movie. I'll post some pictures when I get home tonight.

Here's those pics I promised.

Ā 

A couple of Guys from the Golden Gate Garrison. I attempted to introduce myself and asked them if they ever came by the FISD but all the questions made them nervous. They probably couldn't hear me very well under their helmets anyway.

Ā 

TKs800.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

tks2.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

The next day we went over to the Letterman Digital Arts Center to hang out with Yoda. This is were Licensing, ILM and Lucas Arts live now.

Ā 

letterman.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Then up to the Big Rock Ranch down the road from Sky Walker Ranch. Licensing used to live here. Not sure what's going on there now but I have seen pictures of Dave Filoni out in front of this facility. Maybe that's were he's working these days. We spent the morning hiking the hills behind Big Rock.

Ā 

bigrock.jpg

Ā 

ranch.jpg

Ā 

Then went down to geek out around the front gate of Sky Walker Ranch.

Ā 

Overall it was a fun weekend and a funny movie. If you get a chance to go see it, I highly recommend it. You'll laugh your a$$ off.