Power Source for voice changer

So i have a Wal-Mart voice changer and just waiting on stompers hovi's (which will be here soon i hope!). Anyway, right from the get go i took apart the voice changer because i will be using a different speaker set and most likely a new mic of sorts. But the 3 AA battery power supply is massive! So i was just wondering if its a good idea to replace it and what i should replace it with. 9v?

Mine is running on 8AA's to give 12v and I have anouther 8 in my helmet running my fans. Or if my rom/fx goes in the helmet I run everything off the 8.

Lipo batteries get talked about all the time as there small and powerfull, but I would highly recomend NOT using these as they can be like little bombs. And require a decent balancer charger to ensure all the cells are even. These things swell with no warning and can explode, and you dont want that near your body.

My mate set his shed on fire loosing £1000's in RC Helcopters, as a Lipo swelled and went up and I had a near miss with one of my models in the air.

I suggest rechargeable Lithium batteries of 3.6 or 3.7 volts, like these:

--------

One single lithium battery has almost the power of three normal AA, three of them give almost 12v, and they last long!

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

It all depends if the sound board will allow a 9v charge to be run through it.

Currently, it only uses 4.5v, so doubling it could kill it.

You can get smaller battery holders from good electrical outlets... Radio Shack springs to mind there.

The ROM/FX board will run on 9v, but will easily take 12v.