Interesting armor prototype

I don't know if anyone else has seen this yet, it is a new type of LE/Military prototype armor. It grabbed my attention because of similarities it shares to our own plastic cocoons, this shouldn't be too surprising as scientist have been fact out of fiction for years.

Look out Dark Troopers, I think your about to get re-fitted.

post-3698-1230911975_thumb.jpg

I don't know if anyone else has seen this yet, it is a new type of LE/Military prototype armor. It grabbed my attention because of similarities it shares to our own plastic cocoons, this shouldn't be too surprising as scientist have been fact out of fiction for years.

Look out Dark Troopers, I think your about to get re-fitted.

Looks like we're getting real life Scout Troopers.... So where's my speeder bike?

That's pretty sweet! Anymore info on the armor?

It's under development by a government contractor (Protective Products International) for law enforcement SWAT teams and Special Forces entry teams, it's made up of moulded plates over kevlar padding similar to Hockey pads except these are bullet proof (more or less, armor piercing rounds not withstanding). The concept illustrates articulating plate armor which extends onto the should/biceps and forearms. High speed low drag non ceramic construction… it is not in production but it is not that far out. The chest and back have icreased coverage compared to the industry standard ’shooters cut’ ceramic plate.

The military/LE can't wait to get their hands on this, but I think the boots on the ground won't help but think what a bad day they'll have if the technology falls into the wrong hands. :o

As a soldier myself, I wouldn't mind something like this getting into the market (legal market that is). Although it still is fair bit away from being employd in combat, it's still something sorely needed to protect groundtroops better than what we have available now.