Attaching Hengstler to E-11

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MOAR Photos.

Ā 

Been doing lots of filling and sanding and I've added the Cylinders (thanks Mark!) :D

Ā 

The photos aren't great, but you can see the block that was added to the front of the mag to fill it out a bit. The new sight is there and I also added a strip of 1.5mm thick styrene sheet to the new metal trigger guard (cut the resin one off) to thicken up the steel sheet a bit (thanks again for the steel sheet, Mark.)

Ā 

e-11-cylinders-added-2.jpg

Ā 

e-11-cylinders-added.jpg

Ā 

Barrel bolts and Hengstler are all it needs. I am going to commence with painting the E-11 as it is. I wanted to paint the Hengstler while it was unattached and have masked it's attachment point with blue tape.

Ā 

This was done from looking at photos of Sterlings online and as such is probably a little inaccurate, but this is the detail part from the back of the mag:

Ā 

Real Sterling:

IMG_6370.jpg

Ā 

Template - Print at 300dpi

magazine-release-clip.png

Ā 

This is my rough attempt: :lol:

mag-release-clip.jpg

Mate ,

Ā 

mucho kudos :duim::dance::salute: ,

Ā 

i canny wait to see it with my own eyes.hope the hengstler comes soon

Aaron,

The two prongs at the end of the cylinder base should be inside the tubes. The tubes don't rest on the prongs. Not sure if prongs is the right word but hopefully you know what I mean. If you look at the photos. At the start of this thread you will see what I mean. http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?show...power+cylinders

Mark. :o

Hi Mark, I can see that from the photos, but once it's all sprayed black, I doubt anyone other than us (Troopers in general) is going to notice. I adapted the template to make the effect of the cylinders easier to achieve for me. Innacurate blasters are still currently being cleared for Elite, but if at any stage, Elite status requires correcting this, I'll re-attempt it. They are securely Araldited in place at the moment. :)

More pics tonight.

Ā 

These are of the wonderful Mr. Billy Haggis's lovely 5 digit Hengstler counter. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Ā 

A real Hengstler is the only way to fly. ;)

Ā 

hengstler1.jpg

Saucy, check out those pins.

Ā 

hengstler2.jpg

5 digit fancy!

Ā 

hengstler3.jpg

Nekkid Hengstler!

Ā 

hengstler4.jpg

THAT logo! :D

I can has made a cocking handle:

No, I'm not swearing! <_<

Ā 

cocking-handle2.jpg

Ā 

cocking-handle1.jpg

Ā 

Yes, the angle is wrong, but it's less likely to catch on things like this and, only you'se and me will know. ;)

I hadn't seen this before: http://sterlingblasterconversion.blogspot.com/

Ā 

It's got some stunning photos (expecially of all those bits that I got wrong :lol:) and a better stab at what the cylinders might actually be.

Okay. I got something awesome in the post this morning, thanks to the wonderful Mr. Billy Haggis! :D

scope03.jpg

Ā 

scope02.jpg

Ā 

scope01.jpg

Ā 

Isn't that a thing of beauty? :D :D :D

Ā 

So I started the mods, which are pretty minimal tbh.

Ā 

I took off all the extraneous gubbins. Then I trimmed a 17mm wide strip off an A4 sheet of inkjet vinyl sticker. Wapped it around the middle section of the scope, where the indented band for the night light was removed. I wrapped it around several times to bring the level of the indentation up to the level of the rest of the scope, trimming about 27mm of excess off at the bottom, so no-one can see the line. I'm not going to obsess over getting the M38A2 looking exactly like an M38, this is enough. :)

Ā 

scope05.jpg

Ā 

scope04.jpg

Ā 

Also!

Ā 

I cut out the side of my hengstler...

Ā 

hengstler_window01.jpg

Ā 

...And my thumb!

Ā 

dremeled-thumb.jpg

Ā 

:blink::o:rolleyes:

aw man, im jelous now,looks absolutely awesome,once thats attached and a couple of other bits of fine tuning that sould be you ready for paint. :D

Ā 

Ā 

sould have given me a phone i would have taken u up to the hospital in my mee maw . :lol:

lol! :lol:

Ā 

It doesn't look like much, but it was gaping, man, gaping! I could see layers, before the blood welled up. :o The black bits are plastic from the side of the hengstler that got stuck in the cut. I had to pick them out with tweezers. :angry:

Ā 

The moral of the story is.

Ā 

Don't Dremel when your Dozy!

Ā 

:lol::rolleyes:

Ā 

It doesn't look like much, but it was gaping, man, gaping! I could see layers, before the blood welled up. :o The black bits are plastic from the side of the hengstler that got stuck in the cut. I had to pick them out with tweezers. :angry:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Awesome job man B) . Dont suppose Mr Billy Haggis has any more scopes and Hengstlers lying about?

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Haha ,

I 've been there plenty times with the old DIY.I can stand looking at everyone elses blood and guts but when it comes to my own i suddenly feel faintuntil i tell myself to SUCK IT UP

If i had a pound for everytime i stuck a stanley knife into my leg,scalpel into the palm of my hand etc,i would be a very rich man :D

Ā 

I think it would be a good idea if you handed the blaster over to me for safekeeping as you obviously cant be trusted with sharp objects :lol:

Ā 

..................oh and whilst you are at it you might aswell give me that nice shiny white suit to look after,all those sharp corners are just a bloodbath waiting to happen :lol:

I think it would be a good idea if you handed the blaster over to me for safekeeping as you obviously cant be trusted with sharp objects :lol:..................oh and whilst you are at it you might aswell give me that nice shiny white suit to look after,all those sharp corners are just a bloodbath waiting to happen :lol:
I feel that there is a ploy in here somwheres. :angry::lol:

ME !!!!!!!!!,with the face of an angel :engel:

Ā 

ok then since you figured it out i was slowly gonna swap the parts from the fx to the sds,there almost identical anyway ;):lol:

Locking the reset button for the w1n! :D

Ā 

A small screw stuck in with E6000 will prevent any accidental resets! :peace:

Ā 

lock-hengstler-reset-button.jpg

Ā 

Hmmmmmmmm..........wonder what number its locked to :rolleyes::D

I have the case off, so I can still turn the dials, but I believe I'll be getting the one I'm after. ;)

Ā 

Ā 

I will keep my fingers crossed for you bud,whats the ETA on the belt ?

Dunno yet...

Ā 

This is what I was up to toda... um yesterday! :lol:

Ā 

One Dark Hengstler of DOOM!

Ā 

black-hengstler1.jpg

Ā 

I decided I didn't like the paint job I'd done on the scope, so I set to stripping it back with 280 grit sandpaper:

Ā 

scope-sanded1.jpg

Ā 

Then came the custom sand bit for the dremel:

Ā 

scope-sanded2.jpg

Ā 

SHINY! :D

Ā 

Now I need to paint it again. <_< I changed my mind about the band around the middle to make it look more M38 rather than M38A2. I'm going to leave it as is. The middle band gives it an added bit of detail.

Ā 

If I ever build a real sterling conversion. I'll have a 6 digit hengstler and an M38 Scope. ;)