Attaching Hengstler to E-11

I'm about to attach my Hengstler to the body of the gun. Are there any hard and fast rules about attachment? I can see from photos of screen used blasters, that often the Hengstlers were just jammed on the side and glued top and bottom to the side of the sight and the back of the barrel. I wanted it to be a bit neater, tho. :)

Thanks.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

synaptyx said:
I'm about to attach my Hengstler to the body of the gun. Are there any hard and fast rules about attachment? I can see from photos of screen used blasters, that often the Hengstlers were just jammed on the side and glued top and bottom to the side of the sight and the back of the barrel. I wanted it to be a bit neater, tho. :)

Thanks.

Aaron

Take a look over here mate, it shows you how I made a bracket to hold it in place :)

WZTdHWa.jpg

SfsiIbl.jpg

Hope this helps

Edited by Sly11
Link no longer active

Hmmm, I ran into a bit of a snag. I acquired my ANH E-11 ready built so the rail is firmly attached and it's all glued up. I don't want to take it appart, si I came up with thid:

2adylZC.jpg

The cheapo bracket! I'm planning on using E6000 to glue it to the rail. The drop still needs about 9mm shaved off the bottom. I'm going by the great pics above to guage the Hengstler's height and position in relation to the sight and the mag housing.

This was done by chopping the ends off a flat bike spanner with the dremel and mashing the crap out of it with a hammer over a paving slab. :lol:

Thanks again guys.

Aaron

If you haven't glued it yet, how about trying this :)

Ohh, and Araldite 2 pack apoxy quick drying is far better for something like this :)

MICMFWA.jpg

This was done by chopping the ends off a flat bike spanner with the dremel and mashing the crap out of it with a hammer over a paving slab. :D

Now you're talking,...YEE-HARRH!!,.....when in doubt, just bash the granny out of it :D

Yep, already glued it! :lol: I currently suffer from a lack of metal working tools. <_<

This blaster isn't too bad for a resin cast. The worst parts are the front of the stock at the barrel end and the detail at the back of the mag housing that you can see in the photo. I'll go with my scrappy solution and if it gives me any gip, then I'll return to your more elegant solution for a more civilized blaster. ;)

Thanks for the pics and everything mate. :D

synaptyx said:
Yep, already glued it! :lol: I currently suffer from a lack of metal working tools. <_<

This blaster isn't too bad for a resin cast. The worst parts are the front of the stock at the barrel end and the detail at the back of the mag housing that you can see in the photo. I'll go with my scrappy solution and if it gives me any gip, then I'll return to your more elegant solution for a more civilized blaster. ;)

Thanks for the pics and everything mate. :D

...errrm, let me see....let me seeee, front of the barrel all bunged up around the screws,.....end cap and D-Ring

a total mess.....and flakey around the mag housing......errrrm, yes,....YES....I think I see it

Is it a DoopyDoos Mark1 by any chance? :D

Aaron

These can be cleaned up pretty darn nice with a wee bit of effort, let me know if you need a hand OK

And as they say on Blue Peter..."here's one I made earlier".... :D

7qJBGiY.jpg

Please don't forget to post up some photos of it when all done mate, loved to see it :)

Billhag said:
----------

:lol:

...errrm, let me see....let me seeee, front of the barrel all bunged up around the screws,

Sawn off and replaced by the looks of it.

EGkXVAY.jpg

.....end cap and D-Ring a total mess

Doesn't look too bad... Actually, now that I look at it square on...

yoW0BIy.jpg

.....and flakey around the mag housing

Aye, that's a disaster area. :lol:

iWCnT3n.jpg

......errrrm, yes,....YES....I think I see it Is it a DoopyDoos Mark1 by any chance? :D

Could well be. I swapped an ROTJ for it when I decided to go ANH. Apart from those issues, It looks not too bad. :)

Aaron These can be cleaned up pretty darn nice with a wee bit of effort, let me know if you need a hand OK

And as they say on Blue Peter..."here's one I made earlier".... :D

7qJBGiY.jpg

That is sweet as a nut. :want: ;)

Please don't forget to post up some photos of it when all done mate, loved to see it :)

Will do!

Other issues I have are mainly with the scope. (pics below) What should I use to fill in all these pesky bubbles and smooth out the rims around the sights?

uKbXQUs.jpg

Any tips on how to clean that ugly lot up would be gratefully received.

V9Zpd7b.jpg

The new magazine footplate is looking good. A bit big for this resin mag, but nothing a bit of judicious snipping and sanding won't fix.

kGfBEwo.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

Aaron

emmm, I think I need a new crystal ball :blink:

That's not a DoopyDoos, looks like some other cast from a Sterling.

Yerrh I know it may look rough, but it does look like its got some great detail :)

You can certainly make this in to a real Bad Boy with a little bit of work B)

OK, some answers to some enquiries :)

The mag plate came out really well mate. How about fitting a small block on to the front

of the mag to match it up to the base plate?.That should even it out :)

O4pbLy3.jpg

For the scope and front I'd use fine easy sand filler on all the imperfections. Build up areas

where you want to add detail. Use a scalpel or Dremmel where you want to redefine areas.

d5zPQac.jpg

dc9mQQL.jpg

Here's the link to the 'Scope Tricks' post

http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?show...amp;#entry58929

The number decal looks brilliant mate, love it :)

Maybe do one in black as well just like the original.

Ogsv62l.jpg

Beware the sign of the beast :D

Bloody hell Billy! :o When they said folks were helpful around here, they were not jesting.

I really appreciate all your help. I am going to B&Q tomorrow for some filler (what do you recommend?) and some araldite and socket screws and...

That scope is just astoundingly good, I don't know if I'm inspired, or just plain jealous! ;):D

Thanks again, mate.

synaptyx said:
Bloody hell Billy! :o When they said folks were helpful around here, they were not jesting.

I really appreciate all your help. I am going to B&Q tomorrow for some filler (what do you recommend?) and some araldite and socket screws and...

That scope is just astoundingly good, I don't know if I'm inspired, or just plain jealous! ;):D

Thanks again, mate.

No problem matey :)

As for being helpful?, that's what the FISD is all about, sharing ideas, passing on

information, helping each other out...sounds cheesy I know, but HEY!, its the

bloody truth Ruth!! :D

Right, filler

I normally use 3 or 4 different fillers like Easy sand P38, Milliput, Humbrol model filler

and car body 'stopper' also known as small scratch or surface filler.

For the big stuff, P38 and for the small stuff the Humbrol and or stopper

9mMrx3r.jpg

You can pick these two up from Halfords or most Car / Auto shops.

Ohh, and I dont know if you have these but its another option for the scope graphics :)

f3eYxaz.jpg

Well you did ask "can anyone help" :)

Edited by Sly11
Edited to restore images Sly11 2021

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Trooper ...this my first post on this Detachment.

But got some good original Hengstler on Ebay and cast in Resin

Thanks Kai/ TK 6815 / German Garrison

If you need one ....just send a mail. € 10,- for a counter + 3,50 € shipping

here are the original

z2TKnxN.jpg

and here the cast

qgW4i3I.jpg

Edited by Sly11

This is the progress report as of this morning. :D

New D-ring hand made and installed:

WTrBtEj.jpg

Trigger guard and back cap catch:

uhNkleX.jpg

Close up of back cap catch:

PJ5Xv6Z.jpg

Left side, sowing new aluminium front sight:

IxGEPD2.jpg

Edited by Sly11

MOAR Photos.

Been doing lots of filling and sanding and I've added the Cylinders (thanks Mark!) :D

The photos aren't great, but you can see the block that was added to the front of the mag to fill it out a bit. The new sight is there and I also added a strip of 1.5mm thick styrene sheet to the new metal trigger guard (cut the resin one off) to thicken up the steel sheet a bit (thanks again for the steel sheet, Mark.)

e-11-cylinders-added-2.jpg

e-11-cylinders-added.jpg

Barrel bolts and Hengstler are all it needs. I am going to commence with painting the E-11 as it is. I wanted to paint the Hengstler while it was unattached and have masked it's attachment point with blue tape.

This was done from looking at photos of Sterlings online and as such is probably a little inaccurate, but this is the detail part from the back of the mag:

Real Sterling:

IMG_6370.jpg

Template - Print at 300dpi

magazine-release-clip.png

This is my rough attempt: :lol:

mag-release-clip.jpg