Kidney & Abdomen alignment help

Hey gang, 

I am hitting a bit of a snag with my kidney & abdomen alignment and was curious what has worked for other folks. I tried a tab/groove alignment method using some extra ABS, but the pieces popped off (maybe I had them too close to the end) while doing some test movements.

fLk7NLj.jpg

PEAuJ0p.jpg

As it's your kidney sticking outwards on both sided gluing tabs on the kidney should help them sit behind the abdomen, make sure you rough up both areas with coarse sandpaper before applying E6000 glue and let dry for 48 - 72 hours so it's fully cured. You also need to add your belt when trying fitting as the belt will help keep everything together.

Personally I wouldn't do anything more than tabs until you try on other armor pieces, chest and back can make a difference when strapped to the kidney and abdomen.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

As it's your kidney sticking outwards on both sided gluing tabs on the kidney should help them sit behind the abdomen, make sure you rough up both areas with coarse sandpaper before applying E6000 glue and let dry for 48 - 72 hours so it's fully cured. You also need to add your belt when trying fitting as the belt will help keep everything together.

Personally I wouldn't do anything more than tabs until you try on other armor pieces, chest and back can make a difference when strapped to the kidney and abdomen.

Thanks for the feedback. I went the opposite route originally and glued to the abdomen and used a weaker glue than E6000 thinking it would hold (CA glue, but to a piece of reenforcing ABS along the edge of the abdomen. I will give your recommendation a go. Also good to know that the other pieces help keep things in line. I have my strapping mostly so I will also finish off that and give it a test fit.

• Like 1