Getting started!

Aspiring TK

Hello all. This is my first post and I wanted to introduce myself. I’ve wanted to be a Stormtrooper since I first saw ANH in theaters when I was a kid!  I’ve been reading a lot of the material in this forum and it’s already saved me from making a big mistake!  I thought I could buy a ready-to-wear set from a vendor that turned out to be on the ‘not approved’ list and be ready for the 501st. Luckily I saw a lot of great advice right before I placed an order. 

Like most new people here, the thought of building an armor set scares the pants off me. I’m not at all crafty, so I’d really like to buy a ready-to-wear set. I really want to go with a FOTK setup (TFA) and have seen what looks like a high quality set from Denuo Novo. Does anyone have thoughts/experience with these?

I’m located in Ohio and it looks like there are good units here. I’m really excited to get going to get my armor and to start trooping. Everyone here seems so nice, and thanks in advance for your help and suggestions!

• Like 1

Hello and welcome Marty! :salute: Building something from scratch might seem scary, I thought so too when I first were looking for a kit - but upon receiving my commissioned kit I still had to get my hands dirty to fix my armor up to Centurion and some things I had to do then made me wish that I had built it myself first hehe! But the confidence is something you build up!

The FOTK is a little more complex than the ANH kit so combining that with your fear of building, a commissioned kit might be the way to go - as it was for me with my ANH kit! There still might be some things you'd need to do even if you're commissioning kit, so just make sure to be somewhat mentally prepared for that!

Many use Denuo Novo for the FOTK so you're on the right track there! I'm sure our fellow troopers will fill in the details on that!

• 3 weeks later...