Best way to fix paint smudges and rubbed off paint on a WTF incinerator suit?

Hey whitearmor, TK 74182 here, is there a good method or cleaning product to remove paint smudges on my armor? some of the red parts have been mixing into the white and i cant take it off. i tried water and kitchen soap but it doesn't work, what should i do?

Red can stain armor quite badly and is tough to remove, you could try automotive polish or buffing compound which is a little coarser.

You may find this helpful

If no luck you could try wet sanding with very fine sandpaper

1 hour ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Red can stain armor quite badly and is tough to remove, you could try automotive polish or buffing compound which is a little coarser.

You may find this helpful

If no luck you could try wet sanding with very fine sandpaper

thank you

• Like 1

On 8/1/2023 at 11:13 PM, Imperial_juggernaut said:

Hey whitearmor, TK 74182 here, is there a good method or cleaning product to remove paint smudges on my armor? some of the red parts have been mixing into the white and i cant take it off. i tried water and kitchen soap but it doesn't work, what should i do?

Hi Antonio, Do you know the type of paint it is? that can make all the difference too.  

Ok You have to be careful with moving forward on oil / enamel based paints, sometime even using as mechanical approach (sanding) can push the paint deeper into the plastic before it starts to lift it out!

From experience Oils can used to lift stains made by other oil based products.  Have you tried a very thin oil like wd40 or baby oil? (letting it sit a while and lightly buffing with a soft cloth?) you can then go back to the soap and water to clean the fresh oil off.

please note I am not an expert in paint and plastics but these methods have work for me in the past,  A small test patch is always recommended before anything else.  Also try stay away from any thinners as although they will lift the paint it may melt your plastic in the process! theres probably many more threads deeper into the forum that also have good ideas.

Good luck

• Like 1

Oil method is definitely worth a shot. As mentioned stay away from paint thinners, but I’ve usually done wet sanding with 1500 grit or higher very carefully and then smooth buff and polish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 8/5/2023 at 1:12 PM, FN1313 said:

Oil method is definitely worth a shot. As mentioned stay away from paint thinners, but I’ve usually done wet sanding with 1500 grit or higher very carefully and then smooth buff and polish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks

Have you tried the Magic Eraser by Mr. Clean. I use it all the time to remove marks from my armor including paint scuffs from bumping into other costumes. My armor seems to be a magnet for Death Watch Grunts. Paint scuffs come off no issue. Just beware that if your armor is weathered, that it may remove the weathering as well so just try to limit use to the mark itself.

15 hours ago, Aradun said:

Have you tried the Magic Eraser by Mr. Clean. I use it all the time to remove marks from my armor including paint scuffs from bumping into other costumes. My armor seems to be a magnet for Death Watch Grunts. Paint scuffs come off no issue. Just beware that if your armor is weathered, that it may remove the weathering as well so just try to limit use to the mark itself.

thanks

Hey Antonio,

Looks like you have a few methods to choose from and there's probably a few more deeper into the HX of the forum,  I wondered if you considered trying all the recommendation's / suggestions and then do a comparative post of what in your OP was the outcome from your findings?

just a thought & looking forward to your update.