Supreme Stormtrooper Armor

Noposer

Afternoon, I acquired a full set of Stormtrooper armor and I now believe it's the rubies supreme stormtrooper costume. I've already worn it several times and it's a rough wear. However it does the job and kids love it. I'm looking to make obvious changes and make it more professional. Any way I can still be accepted in any stormtrooper Legion with this armor? Thanks 

4 hours ago, Noposer said:

Afternoon, I acquired a full set of Stormtrooper armor and I now believe it's the rubies supreme stormtrooper costume. I've already worn it several times and it's a rough wear. However it does the job and kids love it. I'm looking to make obvious changes and make it more professional. Any way I can still be accepted in any stormtrooper Legion with this armor? Thanks 

Hello and welcome to the forum, you may want to speak with your GML (garrison membership liaison) it is he/she/they/them who will ultimately review your costume for legion approval. You would be required to make any changes outlined in the CRL (costume reference library) because of the molded edges on the armor the ROTJ version would be it's closest match, you would however need a new helmet as the Rubies is not approvable, @sskunky CFO does a nice helmet 

I have not seen a Rubies modified for legion approval for some years now, most threads are over 10 years old 

Appreciate the info! I just got a great deal on the Rubies and figured I could modify it with the money saved. A new helmet and voice amplifier are my first. The  replacing some armor pieces and attachment points. 

Hi Sean! As Glen said, definitely reach out to your GML to get their thoughts on your armor, as that person will be the one to approval you for Legion membership. Ultimately, if the answer is no, then you can certainly still wear your kit with pride and put smiles on kids' faces!

I had a Rubies armor for 3 or 4 years before I became an approved stormtrooper in 501st. If the mods you need to make seem way too much work, then that’s understandable. Something you can absolutely enjoy wearing and having fun with and then start saving up and planning ahead to get a kit that is more accurate to build from the start.

Some members also when they realize their stormtrooper costumes or such need such extensive mods will usually start by getting a more simple costume for 501st approval and then over time build an accurate stormtrooper for their dream costume. This allows them the ability to be in the 501st while they are working up their major armor.

Lots of options, but from my experience, I’d recommend enjoying your costume as you can and then when you upgrade it can become a great prop, or resell to someone who just wants a costume. Lots of options.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk