6'5 too tall for Storm Trooper?

DTKC

I am just learning about all this whole world.  Thanks to this forum I may have dodged a bullet as I ordered from Jedi Robe.  One reason was I couldn't find a full costume and the other reason was they could accommodate someone 6'5. I am seeing some of the other vendors saying up to and around 6'2.  

Would I be too tall for costumes? 

Thank you! 

Dale 

• Like 1

This may be a good thread to read 

A very good resource for sure.

In terms of being too tall? Never.

Nobody is ever too tall/short etc. for a stormtrooper costume. That’s the fun of it all. The 501st isn’t going to restrict members based on their body shape/size, sure modifications may be needed to adequately take an out of the box kit and make it fit, but it can be done for anyone.

Regarding the resource above, there’s definitely armor that can accommodate your size. I had to actually trim down substantially parts of my armor from the kit I ordered which was a “larger” kit for my height, so I can say that there definitely are options.

Beyond that, the members of the FISD are very welcoming and helpful in guiding how to build a costume to be approved in, so as you research and make a build thread you can find the help you need for sure!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hello Dale! @Coil in my Garrison is 190cm tall, so say 6'2 or 6'3 and he bought a TM kit and got the XL shins that he offers!

You see him furthest to the left!

nBlISZ6.png

I don't think you'll have any issues being on the taller side!

Great to hear and it was good to see you started right by doing some research, that's the biggest part of this hobby, research and finding a kit which can both fit you and may gain membership acceptance. 

Looking forward to seeing some BBB photos in the not too distant future

Always glad to help anyone who reaches out with questions, especially with researching costumes before buying. My biggest frustration as a GML is when I have a costume submission that I can tell the user didn’t research and just bought whatever and now I’m having to explain why it’s not approvable, so I am always glad to go the extra mile and share information when anyone asks to help prevent them from spending money unknowingly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk