ANH Blaster Factory E11 with BlastFX System build

Helotech

I still have some of the rotary switches I used for the Completion Sets. These have a common ground but I am not sure about the shipping costs (as they meanwhile changed).

Looking at your diagram, what about using pin 2 as the common ground? 

image.png.b365acd2df66647da40e07bf2179adc1.png

Position A would then connect pin 2 and pin 1.

Position B would then connect pin 2 and pin 3.

Position C would then connect pin 2 to nothing.

The firing selector switch on the real Sterlings has 3 positions with only two of them working, the last one is 'safe' and does nothing.

Not sure if I got it all right but wouldn't that work?

Edited by T-Jay

Thanks Tino. I considered that, but the BlastFX comes with 3 fire modes: Semi Auto, Full Auto and Stun.

I would be losing one fire mode which I don't really want to do. I can possibly do surgery on this switch to add a ground, plus adjusting the contacts somehow. It would not be difficult per-say, but could end up not working.

I have sent BlastFX a PM through FB to see if there are solutions, plus I have the CO of Great Lakes Garrison possibly sourcing a switch. 

I just really want to get this blaster done as I am going to a troop at a Star Wars themed wedding and would like some flashy light up blasters for people to see.

I'll be bringing my DLT-19 which has BlastFX, but this would be icing on the cake.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Well, it's been a long time since my last update. Sorry Glen...

I contacted Blasterfactory about my lost magazine catch piece, and they graciously sent me one for free! Awesome company!!!

I also contacted BlastFX and had some very good back and forth with the owner. Basically, the best solution for my fire selector problem was to send the entire system back to him for update of some components that would allow me to use the Blasterfactory rotary switch.

That is going in the mail today and hopefully I'll have it back in a couple weeks.

The bane of my existence!

N06czul.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Not really an update, but a funny moment bordering on an episode of a complete breakdown and crying! LOL

First: I’m still waiting on the BlastFX kit to be shipped back.

About 2 weeks ago we had some in laws visiting, so I was cleaning and vacuuming up my work bench area in the basement. As I’m vacuuming near a storage shelf I saw a hunk of what I thought was plastic from my 3D printer clippings.

I bent over to pick it up, and lo and behold! The stupid missing magazine catch! :shok: And :angry2: then :explodingemotie:

I swear to all things holy that I searched every inch of the concrete floor between where I painted the E-11 parts and my workbench. I had even taken everything off that freaking shelf unit and slid it away from the wall to look behind it. 

Well, at least I have 2 now…

Big shout out to Chris at BF for shipping out the replacement mag catch for free eve after I said I would pay for it. 

That company deserves a big hug!