Armor Trimming

Hello all. I just unpacked my big box o' plastic and was fitting some of the pieces. At 5'10", seems I might be a little shorter than the F/X kit was designed for. What is the best way to trim up the pieces? So far I've tried the forearms, thighs, and calves. Seems that if I even want to walk half way human or move my arms I'm going to have to take about an inch or so off. I'll take it in small chunks just to make sure I don't take too much off. Just looking for some advice from others that have had to "shorten" their suit.

I did get the gloves done with no problem or trimming. Woohoo. I'm on my way. Thanks.

I'm bout 5-10 as well. I trimmed my armor after each troop untill I had it dialed in. Fits good now. The Chest and back can be trimmed from the top to get it a little higher and tighter fit.

you just have to put it together, try it on and trim it, do what ever you can in it, walk run climb stairs sit, push ups...and see if it pinches you...where ever it pinches you need to trim it :)

Andy, the best advise I can give is 1) have a buddy on hand for helping sizing the armor on you and 2) if it pinches or doesn't allow you to bend, break out the Dremel. If you don't have one, it's a great investment for this hobby of ours. I'm about 5'11 and have done minimal trimming to my FX suite and get very little pinching. Not to beat a dead horse, but I did march 5.6 miles holding a flag in my armor and didn't get any armor bites (a/k/a pinches) the entire time. I've seen some horrific jobs of trimming done, complete chop jobs, and the original form is completely lost. Sometimes it's just a matter of re-positioning your armor (higher, lower, tighter, etc) to make it comfortable.

Take your time, have an extra set of hands for assistance, and trim what you have to.