TK85751 Building

Talked with geeky pink was excited to make my cape; I'm basing everything off the Black Series figure for reference. We had some issues on mountain trooper so applying similar logic. If anyone needs to part with a TFA bucket I'm looking

Found an ebay Anovos TFA lid, waiting for either Gio to get back with me from Crow props for boots and gloves or I'll just getting Keep Trooping when run orders

Still painting away the cracks in the fiberglass from 6 years of use are real, having to fill with a bonder sand like crazy that repaint. Got tip to just remove clear coat and that seems to be working well and the Behr paint is sticking well with no issues. Bright and shinny and I match the other red troopers in my area.

Hope to have rest of painting done this weekend, than need to restrap everything as elastic was quite worn out and few other items on my rigging were needing attention even if I kept it white. Hoping this side project helps me get motivated back to finish my DN project

• Like 1

More painting this weekend; talked to crow props about boots and gloves in red and waiting on cape message which is probably gonna be awhile.

Assuming this is gonna be a slow build. But learned best way to handle painting an old white jim kit is to use 220 sandpaper to take off the clear coat than I sand with 1000 to smooth everything out. Few coats of red followed by 2k sanding in between and it comes out decent.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Got an anvoos lid from ebay; the aertaor and nose piece snapped out fairly easily with gentle force, they really dont use much glue on those things. Decided to just mask off black areas and paint.

Have some cure curing to do and some drying than polish with 3k and one more coat.

Waiting on gio and geeky pink is facing issues with fires, so this project will probably be tabled for some time. My fault for thinking this was going to be "easy" Tip never say anything is going to be easy.

In the mean time I'm going to fix some worn out elastic strapping, replace velcro, and various other maintenance items. Probably go nuts with a good clear coat and polish to make everything super shiny. Need to get my attention back to my DN Kit anyway.

I think this project has taught me I love Behr spray paint and I believe I'm going to also paint my DN Kit and bucket so everything matches well and it helps fight yellowing

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, heartstopper85 said:

Is there a good imaging host website anymore? I'm maxed out of adding anything to these posts

I'm still using Imgur, there is no guarantee that it may go the way of Photobucket, you can never tell.

• 4 weeks later...
Is there a good imaging host website anymore? I'm maxed out of adding anything to these posts

I still use Imgur, really the best that I know of for now IMHO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Got my boots and gloves in. Still touching up paint; honestly I paused thinking soft goods were gonna be a hot minute. Gonna push to get paint by Thursday, Rigging Friday and troop test on Saturday with my friend's Phasma cape.

Did we get any guidance on the cape yet? I was working off the Black series figure, outside of the TFA bucket. The black series has the silver stripe instead of the red. Will need to order from Geeky Pink soon so will need some guidance 

5 minutes ago, heartstopper85 said:

Got my boots and gloves in. Still touching up paint; honestly I paused thinking soft goods were gonna be a hot minute. Gonna push to get paint by Thursday, Rigging Friday and troop test on Saturday with my friend's Phasma cape.

Did we get any guidance on the cape yet? I was working off the Black series figure, outside of the TFA bucket. The black series has the silver stripe instead of the red. Will need to order from Geeky Pink soon so will need some guidance 

Andrew's @sly11 last post about the cape in June

"Follow the colour scheme of the book cover and Black series figure.

They both show a black cape and that grayish or Matt silver trim.

Impossible to know a fabric type due to the formats we have to go off, but if Phasma is anything to go off with her cape, eve that would only be a rough guide adjusting the colour scheme to suit the references we have."

Just now, gmrhodes13 said:

Andrew's @sly11 last post about the cape in June

"Follow the colour scheme of the book cover and Black series figure.

They both show a black cape and that grayish or Matt silver trim.

Impossible to know a fabric type due to the formats we have to go off, but if Phasma is anything to go off with her cape, eve that would only be a rough guide adjusting the colour scheme to suit the references we have."

Thank you, was just double checking

• Like 1

Did a wear test this weekend with my friend's Phasma cape. Pictures on 1st Order Stormtrooper Facebook group. Have a few adjustments to make on the strapping and rigging but overall think I'm pretty much done.

Gonna just focus on my white DN kti while I wait either on Geeky Pink or find someone else to help with cape since soft goods aren't my bag of tee.

• 3 weeks later...

Geeky Pink got with me yesterday; getting measured up for my cape. I'm still thinking I'm going off the black series figure for how cape is worn. The book I guess shows opposite of phasma.

Might make a mod for a game and use those as reference pics 

You will have to provide official images as your reference material for the LMO's not game mods. I would suggest speaking with Andrew and he can discuss with the LMO's if the Black Series is a better reference than the book.

Personally I would think the cape would be the same as Phasma just with the different color border as that design she copied from Cardinal, but that's me, the LMO's may decide differently