[37] TK-69826 Troop Log (Social Media Consent)

TikiTechie

• TikiTechie changed the title to [21] TK-69826 Troop Log (Social Media Consent)

NoCo Down Syndrome Walk

Beautiful cool day signaling the start of fall. I'm here for it!

A great cause and a lot of smiles.  

One kid called the stormtroopers robots and like it when we waved to each other and high-fived. So we did that, a lot!

Love this one.

2VdCDWp.jpg

ThUb3KX.jpg

The only thing we're missing is a shore trooper! Go figure. :O

FqQrTCn.jpg

Edited by TikiTechie
  • Like 3

• TikiTechie changed the title to [23] TK-69826 Troop Log (Social Media Consent)

Rocky Mountain Honor Flight

10-21-2023

My second Honor Flight. Always a fun way to give back to veterans who deserve a warm welcome and a day of honor. 

OHXKWuf.jpg

With my officers.

fTUAc9i.jpg

The flights are usually delayed and this was no different. Waited an extra hour and got lots of photo op moments. 

7eXYvXk.jpg

Lots of different groups represented for the Veterans coming home.
nf7I4ME.jpg

Edited by TikiTechie

Johnstown Trick or Treat Street

I have discovered a lot of small towns in northeast Colorado since joining the Mountain Garrison.  This was another.

A great day and first troop in my First Order TK kit.  For the First Order!

One of my favorite photos. Serving with Lt. Galek

YqRgxNC.jpg

Trying to keep warm on a 27 degree (-2 celsius). Darn cold whatever your unit of measure.

24jtdf0.jpg

That is the advantage of the FOTK over the OTTK kit I discovered. So much warmer. This will not be something to brag about when it's summer time.

xaGsgof.jpg

Edited by TikiTechie
  • Like 4

• TikiTechie changed the title to [24] TK-69826 Troop Log (Social Media Consent)

Children's Hospital of Colorado Holiday Parade 2023

It's been a full year that I've been actively trooping. This is my first repeat event and it's always fun (and cold).  No sun this year made it pretty chilly but I like to provide a little excitement to kids who may be in the hospital or urgent care and not having much fun otherwise.  (I would love to get to visit inside hospitals but those days seem to be long gone, or just slow to return.)

Got the same repeat cast of superheros, Indiana Jones, 501st, Mandos & a velociraptor. Good company. 

I'm the TK with the out-of-control santa hat. 

whXDOQN.jpg

Ne9JOCr.jpg

lnGjypz.jpg

Edited by TikiTechie
  • Like 2

• TikiTechie changed the title to [25] TK-69826 Troop Log (Social Media Consent)

Finished the year and my 25th troop with the same event from last year, which had been my very first troop event.

A bit light on attendance, which means we got a lot of silliness and photos. 

Some cool lighting courtesy of our local Jedi & ROTS Anakin.

09J5q7O.jpg

Sounding out some Santa stories.

D7CXLnd.jpg

Group of white armors. The Tuskens make comfy chairs I hear.

MVH3FdX.jpg

A little elvin trooper.

3hQtIcq.jpg

g03ZKCW.jpg

Edited by TikiTechie
  • Like 6

• TikiTechie changed the title to [26] TK-69826 Troop Log (Social Media Consent)
  • TikiTechie changed the title to [27] TK-69826 Troop Log (Social Media Consent)

Starting out the year strong with a decent amount of upcoming troops. Woohoo!
First time event was really a great event with a lot of happy faces.   

A strong Rebel presence today. 

wkiYrFm.jpeg

Putting a Jawa in jail is crossed off my trooping bucket list. :D

qI0aTJO.jpeg

Edited by TikiTechie
  • Like 2

• TikiTechie changed the title to [29] TK-69826 Troop Log (Social Media Consent)

2024-02-03, BrickFest LIVE Loveland 2024 - Day 1 & 2

Got some great outreach done working the table & costuming this weekend. Many many attendees, great questions and lots of very interested individuals that I hope will join our ranks. 

Yj6sf6X.jpeg

BFoRtOB.jpeg

Day 2

One of the highlights was this little boy whose dad said they saw us, but I left to go on break before they could get to us to take a pic. In the last 20 min of the day they happened to make their way back in time to get to meet the trooper in White Armor.  His dad was as happy as he was. 

DDuqFqg.jpeg

Edited by TikiTechie
  • Like 3

• TikiTechie changed the title to [30] TK-69826 Troop Log (Social Media Consent)

2024-02-17, Air Force Yellow Ribbon Reintegration Program

CGo7qQo.png

A fun event. The hardest part was standing around waiting for photographs while people are eating good-smelling food.  
Cool to see a rare Von Reg kit. I was wishing I had brought my FOTK, but having Vader it always looks great to have the OTTK presence and I was the only one there, which is very unusual.

VeDypEJ.png

LWvIvXF.png

I don't sign many autographs. I always have to channel my inner-Disney character cast-member skills to figure out how to write "a name" with my gloves on. My handwriting is bad enough as it is.

But I had include the photo of Vader signing autographs.  

DoXMN1h.png

I find I am sporting a blaster less and less these days. If it's a kids-only event I usually leave it in my trunk. It just gets in the way of interacting with kids and looks awkward in photos, in my opinion.
If it's a primarily adult event, convention, military or law-enforcement, I'll usually bring it along. Given the name of this event, I didn't realize that we were going to be entertaining two rooms full of kids first, so I eventually holstered it.

• Like 1

• TikiTechie changed the title to [31] TK-69826 Troop Log (Social Media Consent)
Posted (edited)

2024-03-09, Scouts Pinewood Derby

Short troop. Entertaining kids escalated when they had a electrical problem for their hi-tech track system. But the troop leader was a fan of all the recent Disney SW content, so I appreciated the positivity.

If there is a winner for theme, this TK car is it!

5j75JlH.jpeg

A couple of good-looking troopers:
onEYkm2.jpeg

F1dwfEU.jpeg

Stay back at least 20 feet:

0d1MwUg.jpeg

All photo credits to Nommm683

Edited by TikiTechie
  • Like 2

• TikiTechie changed the title to [32] TK-69826 Troop Log (Social Media Consent)
Posted (edited)

MiniCon 2024 (Landmark Comic Book Club)

A fun little event.  

This is at a rec center, so it was as much fun interacting with the con guests as it was to surprise the people thinking they were going to go work out as normal.  
We had more photo interaction outside the front doors than inside the crowded floor.  

These events closer to Denver bring out a lot of garrison members that I don't see very often, so it's good to see some interesting variety in kits.  

aP657wN.jpeg

EaKejOV.jpeg

5iHZYyH.jpeg

qdMv6fT.jpeg

Edited by TikiTechie
  • Like 3

• TikiTechie changed the title to [34] TK-69826 Troop Log (Social Media Consent)
  • TikiTechie changed the title to [36] TK-69826 Troop Log (Social Media Consent)
Posted (edited)

2024-04-13, Wicked West Comic Expo 2024 (2 days)

A fun little con with an unfairly low number of visitors. Oh well. 

I did get a chance to try out my updated sound-glove with a lot of positive feedback.

The might of the First Order

jmfucZ6.jpeg

i40mM74.jpeg

6d4vRQj.jpeg

Edited by TikiTechie
  • Like 1

• TikiTechie changed the title to [37] TK-69826 Troop Log (Social Media Consent)