My shins are killing me. Back cover strip alignment

I am on the last piece of my armor and am really having trouble getting these things moving.  I've looked at it so long I'm starting to not see what I am doing wrong.

The pic below should show what I mean. You can see the cover strip alignment in relation to top middle and bottom of the raised area. 

I'm not sure how to be trim these pieces if I am supposed to be covering more or if it's correct and I just want to be straight up and down. 

QexQ0M4.jpg

If I keep the cut shin edges straight, I get this strip that's wider in the middle than the edges, if I wanted to straighten that out, I would think it wouldn't close properly.

Does this look right, or do I need to adjust some piece of it? 

There looks to be a slight bow on the shins and they are not closing properly, a hot water bath (heat gun for experienced builder) can help lay these flatter and close better. 

A couple of random threads may be of help

11 minutes ago, MoonTiki said:

@gmrhodes13 Assuming I got the back to close somewhat nicely, is that cover strip placement a problem or would it pass muster?

Placement should be fine, screen suits were uneven in places especially on the fronts, some can look bowed

Screenshot_20221022_100504.thumb.jpg.31d4f0f4e28813eb49f76ccdead296b0.jpg

Screenshot_20221022_101013.thumb.jpg.19192d5f4570b9d2cdba7566bd0beb7d.jpg

• Like 1

I've gotten past a few hurdles. Having clamped it overnight in position and now with velcro holding it, it seems maybe fitting better.  Still pretty tight. The main problem spot is this on the knee.  Yowch!

id2ROsb.jpg

My initial thought is to apply some heat or pressure or both to this spot and bend it outward.  I'm not sure how much give it's going to have though.

YbSmKLB.jpg

My second more drastic thought is, can I remove this whole piece since it's hidden behind the sniper plate? Or would that look bad.

OIKO5HV.jpg

My photo edit might look more drastic than I planned. Maybe just trimming back the top border part?