0KTrooper KB Props TFA Build - My First Ever Build

0KTrooper

*Bicep Question*

I have done most of the bicep trimming and I am trying to line up how to pieces will be glued. I am not quite to the point of gluing yet, but I am just getting it prepared. I know that a strip of ABS should go behind the long side of the pieces, but I haven't prepared that yet. When lining up the pieces in the way they will eventually be glued, I feel like I am having to put quite a lot of pressure on the long edges of the pieces. This seems to be putting quite a bit of strain on the plastic and it wants to pull back to its natural resting state. What type of glue would be recommended for this portion? Will it hold and is it ok for it to lock in so much strain on the pieces?

Here is the natural resting state of the plastic when clamped on one side.

pncAKAB.jpg

Here is how it looks when both sides are clamped. As you can see, the gap in the middle is really fighting to pull apart.

40vE518.jpg

I can make it lay flat when applying more pressure to the middle, but this adds lots of strain to the middle of the plastic by adding extra curvature. Is it ok for it to remain this strained forever when glued or will it weaken?

brb80dX.jpg

2 hours ago, 0KTrooper said:

*Bicep Question*

I have done most of the bicep trimming and I am trying to line up how to pieces will be glued. I am not quite to the point of gluing yet, but I am just getting it prepared. I know that a strip of ABS should go behind the long side of the pieces, but I haven't prepared that yet. When lining up the pieces in the way they will eventually be glued, I feel like I am having to put quite a lot of pressure on the long edges of the pieces. This seems to be putting quite a bit of strain on the plastic and it wants to pull back to its natural resting state. What type of glue would be recommended for this portion? Will it hold and is it ok for it to lock in so much strain on the pieces?

Here is the natural resting state of the plastic when clamped on one side.

pncAKAB.jpg

Here is how it looks when both sides are clamped. As you can see, the gap in the middle is really fighting to pull apart.

40vE518.jpg

I can make it lay flat when applying more pressure to the middle, but this adds lots of strain to the middle of the plastic by adding extra curvature. Is it ok for it to remain this strained forever when glued or will it weaken?

brb80dX.jpg

I would recommend doing it in reverse, that is, first glue  that two halves with an internal cover strip and then the part that overlaps.

Additional, try to trim or sand a little the return edge

Q2RHmRc.jpg?1      OqOUGoZ.jpg?1

nu0pCk5.jpg?1    FTuUvUn.jpg?1

xbszCVB.jpg?1

24-48 hrs later you can test the overlaping and apply some heat if necessary 

Sand the small return edge . 

8jfAEsj.jpg

:salute: