Hey guys Im new! ^_^

Hey, i am a fellow noob :) in fact the first part of my armor arrived just 2 days ago (my helmet, so proudly displayed in my picture :P) i suggest you go the route i did! Like you i am not too handy, but i've learned from all the tutorials and posts that if followed step by step you really can do it. What i did is get the MRCE helmet just off your local auction site ; ) and am soon looking into getting an FX lite kit. Its supposed to be fairly simple/straight forward to assemble and honestly i'd rather have something that i feel like i built myself to fit me! Plus this way you save a lot of $$ on labour and don't have to worry about it being fitted for someone else (not to mention you learn about the hobby more and more, may come in handy if you need to do any repairs). But the number one thing to remember is that no matter what you do with your armour this lovely community is behind you 100% and ready to help with anything from assembly to little tricks of the trade to give it just the right fit! But main reason for the attraction to the FX kits is they are the biggest bang for your buck if you're going for a kit thats more friendly to your wallet but still has at least some accuracy, like the MRCE helmet its not the best around but its the perfect starter set and gets you the know-how you need to either mod it or purchase a more accurate kit when you're all done!

here is a pic of the same helmet i have (its not the most accurate around but it can be modded to be pretty impressive):

-------

and here is a link to the FX lite kit:

----------

As for the underarmor and gloves, boots etc. you're pretty well on your own! but even just scanning the boards you'll find you can get all the info for it right here or even from some guys who will supply it to you for a few bucks.

~Brad

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Trouble is with armor, your going to have to do some work yourself. If you buy a suit chances are it wont fit you as every body shape is different, and will need to be trimmed and strapped to fit you. Ive lost count how many tweaks Ive done to my armor to get it as well fitting as it can be.

Even the helmet will need to be custom lined to fit your head.

Its not that hard just takes time buddy B)

Good advice Brad.

This hobby is not only trooping in the armor, its all the fun stuff you get to learn while you are building yours. Are you going to make mistakes...yea, maybe. I've learned a lot from the mistakes, but nothing compares to the satisfaction of completing it yourself.

Hello Andy, you have to remember that this forum is not a walmart for armor shoppers...most everyone here had to work on their armor to get it into the troopable shape...and remember that even if you purchased an already made kit, you would still have to fit it to yourself :unsure:

cheers and welcome to the FISD :)