electronics

first I was just wondering how you've mounted your ROM-FX or any other voice changer and your helmet fans. I've mounted the fans inside the dome and my ROM-FX inside on of the "tubes" at the side of the helmet. The ROM-FX is inside a waterproof plastic bag. would you guys recommend this? I've also noticed that if I turn the speaker too loud, I can only hear, when I talk, "ROM-FX". The startup sound. Is this a sign that it has been destroyed by moisture, or is just the battery low?

I wouldn't use the waterproof plastic bag. You'll get condensation in the bad and ruin your hardware.

Hear are a couple links about rigging you helmet:

-----------

Good luck.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

You can see how I have my helmet fans in my helmet here:

--------

I would definitly put your ROM FX in something with as much as we sweat sometimes. My ROM FX acts really weird too when the battery is low. I have my ROM FX in a project box on my chest. This allows me to turn it all the way up without any feedback problems. It also allows me to add accessories to the ROM FX including a remote to control the ROM FX Pro sound fx and 2-way radio.

I never would have fit all this in my helmet and wear it comfortably. I don't have a tutorial on the ROM FX/Remote/2-way radio set-up and I doubt I ever will. It is too much to explain.

I am planning on doing an upgrade to my set up by adding a Reed Switch. This would allow me to get rid of the remote in my hand. Basically you sew a little magnet in your glove and when you want to trigger a sound effect(or switch to your radio) you place the magnet over a predesignated area of your armor. This could be your ear piece (for your radio) or your gauntlet (for the sound effect).

So many projects so little time.