MR Shadow Helmet..vs.. FX Shadow Helmet

I going to get an FX black full suit setup (Shadow Trooper). I have a debate over the helmet. Should I use the FX helmet and add the goodies to it (fans mic, etc) or should I get the MR LE helmet that came out last year...fleebay link ---------...can I custom this lid...has anyone seen the inside of one...they are expensive and it would be no problem buying.....even better Ebay has Cashback coupon for 30%....which brings the lid down to 380...but can I trick it out...Please help a nuuub?

Also I have been scouring the site for customizing helmets...I see very nice mods but nothing in detailed or guides on how to trick out the bucket...any threads pointed my way greatly appreciated.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

For trooping, get one that you're not afraid to bang up. Kids love to touch 'em and have dropped mine before. I'd really hate for you to break an expensive helmet that's really meant for display and not regular trooping.

And drop on over to the 501st Spec Ops Det -----------

:)

Kev

Spec Ops DL

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

• 2 weeks later...

hey David, well i have both the Shadow FX lid and MR Shadow LE, i love the LE, personally for me, it holds too much value and sentimental value to troop in!!!!! i consider it an impressive collectible!!!!! i would suggest modding the MR CE helmet, that's actually what i plan to do!!!!!! any questions you have feel free to ask me, as i;m just completing my armor myself!!!! good luck man!!!!!

LE for looks while trooping if you don't mind the risk of scuffing it and whatnot.

Get an FX cast of black from ebay or contact TM and try and coax him into making another black suit out of HIPS I think it was.

If you search around the boards you'll find the thread he posted in.

The MR LE Shadow trooper helemt has leather inernal lining and is fully padded out rather nicely, a friend down here in oz troops with his one and its already scuffed up a little. (Theyre too nice and shiny to be used for regular trooping IMO) adding fans and the to like it would ruin all the beautiful lining.

FX would be a good way to go - more room.