Savvysawce's TK ANH Build

So far, the only thing I've run into an issue with is my forearm cuts, which can be found here: 

My next issue begins with the shin pieces closing discretely using the hook method found on Uswrath's tutorial. I haven't glued anything yet and mainly just have tried on my shin pieces with magnets holding the elastic bands that the hooks sit on. Currently, it's looking like this: 

shin-hook-4.png.bdb477a3a8c8ee40ed499376e241145d.pngshin-hook-9.png.8afe3962ba21824dd9ed88fe24b5bc30.png

I feel like because the hook sits on the elastic, it has too much cushion to close, so i tried moving the hook so it's floating off the elastic but I really won't know until I glue. As it sits, I do have a small over lap from the 2 shin parts, and if that's causing too much of an issue, I can still trim a bit from the hook side.  The other thing I also did was open up the hooks a bit with pliers as the holes are 1/8 " and do not fit if I don't bend them, and I don't want to open up the holes if that isn't the issue. The hook size i'm using are size 3 bra fasteners. 

This last picture has all 3 hooks attached and as you can see is pretty opened, and the cover strip really doesn't hide much.

shin-hook-6.png.ee7144d5e6be306682694d14abd063f6.png 

Any help would be appreciated!

In this picture, the hook isnt fully secured into the hole. The hook should be laying flush. Their will be a gap, it wont close fully. Perks to screen accuracy. You also may have not enough tension and have to much slack. Hoping others will chime in as well...-------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

2 hours ago, wook1138 said:

I didn't use hooks so I can't really comment, but, for any shin sizing, be sure to wear your boots.  It makes a huge difference. 

Good call, I'll try on with boots this evening. I went ahead and glued in the straps last night to get a better idea if this is going to work