My FX-build[*FX]

Looking good! May want to trim that chest a bit. The thighs are nicely done.

Are you thinking about the corners, to make it more canon? Or trimming the whole length of the bottom part up a bit, to shorten the entire chest?

Oh yeah, another thing I was curious about. When filling in the gap between the chest and black plate. I'm having a real hard time getting a hold of ABS sheets, almost no one in Norway wants to sell this, and the ones who do dont't sell big enough sheets.

Would pieces from, lets say, a white plastic bucket be approved for Elite status? :-)

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks a lot! :)

Here's a few mor thing done today. I modded the shoulder bells by cutting off a substantioal part at the bottom of them. Then I used a heatgun to reshape them. Here's the before and after with the heat gun:

Bilde057.jpg

And, since I realized I'd built the chest/back with all weight hanging on the shoulder straps, I decided to reinforce them with loads of glue and imitation leather with the snaps for the shoulders. Here's how that turned out:

Bilde058.jpg

I've also attached the ammostrip on the thigh and the kneeplate on the calfpiece.

I'll see how far I come along tonight, and maybe I'll do a more complete testfit.

COOL! niceley done.

if you need handplates, they are all over THE bay...

if you want them cheaper, i can arrange something, too. ;)

Nice, might hit you up for a pair.

This is how I worked with the heatgun to form ABS-pieces, now they fit 100% to the inside of all the parts. Just heated the piece up the set it against the the inside of biceps, shoulder bell etc. and let it set to the shape. Worked like a charm.

Bilde059.jpg

This is testfit #2 (crappy cellphone pic, but it's just to show the progress. I'll use my good camera when it's done).

Bilde060.jpg

I got the kneeplate on and the ammo pack, and all the other fun. Still waiting on a belt from firebladejedi and to finish the TD/O2 can,

I ran into a problem with the buttplate though... There's always a butt problem somewhere. It kinda rides out up by the kidneyplate (I'll try to show a pic of it later if need be). It doesen't sit flush with the kidneyplate. I'm not sure how to solve this (get a bigger butt to fuill it out maybe...), but I have two ideas. Make the elastic between the cod and butt a little looser, so it doesn't pull as much on the butt, or pad the lower inside of the butt.

Ideas and suggestions are welcome!!! I'm, hopefully, not too far away from getting my TK-number and with it, elite status. :)

I had to pad the inside of my butt as well to get it to line up decently. Still not 100% happy, but it doesn't look that bad anymore. I also had to put a small pad on the bottom of my back plate as well.

The build is coming along very well - I believe your Elite & 501st pix could be the same. :)

I'll try that this weekend.

And yes, I'll do it all in the same photoshoot:)

By the way, the holster that comes with the FX-kit. Not accepted for elite, right? If so, I need to get a new one.

I think you just need to cut the straps and mount it from behind is all. Two rivets for stunt & four for Hero. Otherwise I'm not sure why it wouldn't work.

I would say no. I know right now the Elite specs don't specify a material, but we're trying to tighten up to say that it should match the material of the rest of the suit.

We realize this isn't always possible and so right now it's not really enforced. I'd just use any kind of plastic and paint it as close as you can get. Some people use cheap plastic signs they find at the hardware store (e.g. the back part).

I have to say I believe this is the really the only hard part about going Elite. I'm sure others who've done this can chime in.

I mentioned earlier using a white plastic bucket, that is probalby the closest I can get. ABS is hard to come by here in the north. I know one company that sells it. 1mm thick, I'd like it to be a bit thinner, but I'm considering trying it out. I can always shape it a bit with a heatgun so it doesen't pull to much on the pieces. I just hope their sheets are big enough.

I talked to a company that makes signs, but they asked a ridiculous price for two small sheets. Something liker $90-100.

If someone "over there" wants to get rid of some ABS taht's taking up space, hit me with a PM:-)

This is how I worked with the heatgun to form ABS-pieces, now they fit 100% to the inside of all the parts. Just heated the piece up the set it against the the inside of biceps, shoulder bell etc. and let it set to the shape. Worked like a charm.

Bilde059.jpg

This is testfit #2 (crappy cellphone pic, but it's just to show the progress. I'll use my good camera when it's done).

Bilde060.jpg

I got the kneeplate on and the ammo pack, and all the other fun. Still waiting on a belt from firebladejedi and to finish the TD/O2 can,

I ran into a problem with the buttplate though... There's always a butt problem somewhere. It kinda rides out up by the kidneyplate (I'll try to show a pic of it later if need be). It doesen't sit flush with the kidneyplate. I'm not sure how to solve this (get a bigger butt to fuill it out maybe...), but I have two ideas. Make the elastic between the cod and butt a little looser, so it doesn't pull as much on the butt, or pad the lower inside of the butt.

Ideas and suggestions are welcome!!! I'm, hopefully, not too far away from getting my TK-number and with it, elite status. :)

Is it me or is his drop plate and ammo cartridge on the wrong side :unsure::rolleyes: I dont wanna be a pain in the bum for ya but i think its truned around :blink::lol:

Yup then your good to go B) Srry m8 didn't know it was a mirror <_< :lol:

Hehe...you can't know everything. :-P

I'm just thanksful people take the time to check each others builds, so people don't make huge booboo's. That's the spirit of the people doing this, helping each other as best as possible. :-)

Hehe...you can't know everything. :-P

I'm just thanksful people take the time to check each others builds, so people don't make huge booboo's. That's the spirit of the people doing this, helping each other as best as possible. :-)

My pleasure bro, iam looking forward to see it completed B) but so far i dont see any problems!

Hmm... looks like my FX overhaul will start sooner than expected. Just got in touch with RT, so I´ll probably change out the calfs, forearms and biceps from the FX with RT pretty soon.

I have a feeling this FX won´t be an FX for long:-)

RT sent me measurements for his suit and they look like they´ll fit me great without any shimming whatsoever. So I´m gonna start with changing out those parts from the FX that doesn´t fit me and then gradually change out the rest as well.

I guess that´s how this works. Ever changing and evolving. :-)

Here's a few pics of how things are fastened on the FX:

Thighpiece with velcro on abs glued to the inside:

Bilde061.jpg

And then I fasten it to the belt with elastic:

Bilde062.jpg

Butt plate is velcroed to the kidney plate with nylon webbing:

Bilde063.jpg

I bought some suspenders/bracers from a local store that sells workclothes, I just glued the fasteners to the inside, since I didn't want to cut openings in the top of the ab plate:

Bilde064.jpg

I attached pairs of snaps from the shoulderstraps (which are reinforced) down to the shoulder bells (I jused a heatgun to reshape the abs piece so it fit the shape of the inside of the bell). Did the same on the bicep and all three sit really well:

Bilde065.jpg

Hope this helps anyone stuck on how to put some of the pieces together:-)

Thanks!

Here´s the final mod to the handplates:

IMG_0179.jpg

IMG_0180.jpg

IMG_0181.jpg

IMG_0182.jpg

Still have to wetsand and polish up the edge, but otherwise, I´m really happy with them.

All in all (including the return edge) I think they´re about 7-8mm smaller than the original all the way around, maybe even 1cm.

Thanks mate!

I´m just about to finish it up, then I´ll sell it just over new year I guess. Just placed an order for the first couple of RT-parts:-)

I'll be upgrading to a screen accurate suit later next year. Need to start my clone project before the TK gets upgraded to a different suit.